You are here
State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR)
The State Performance Plan is the State's plan to the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) that evaluates the State's efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of Part B of the IDEA and how the State will improve the implementation of IDEA Part B. The SPP contains measurable and rigorous targets in 17 indicators that were established by the US Department of Education. These indicators fall into three monitoring priority areas identified by OSEP:
- Provision of a Free, Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (LRE)
- State exercise of general supervision, including child find, effective monitoring, the use of resolution meetings, mediation, and a system of transition services
- Disproportionate representation of racial and ethnic groups in special education and related services, to the extent the representation is the result of inappropriate identification.
Colorado's State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report
The current State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR) (top of the list below) was originally submitted in February 2020. It is Updated in February of every year. Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR:
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2018-19 (Word)
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2017-18
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2016-17
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2015-16
- Colorado's Progress on SPP/APR 2014-15
State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP)
Administrative Units' Progress on SPP
Administrative Unit (AU) State Performance Plan Indicator Profiles
IDEA 2004 requires the State to report to the public on each AU's performance compared to state targets and state performance for 14 indicators from the State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR). Indicators reported to the public are a mixture of performance and compliance indicators.
State Performance Plan (SPP) Indicator Data
The SPP contains measurable and rigorous targets in the following 17 indicators. Please click indicators of your interest to learn more about them.
Indicator 9 - Disproportionate Representation in Special Education**
Indicator 10 - Disproportionate Representation in Specific Disability Categories**
Indicator 11 - Child Find**
Indicator 15 - Hearing Requests Resolved*
Indicator 16 - Mediation Agreements*
Indicator 17 - State Systemic Improvement Plan*
*Indicators in blue (above) are “result indicators” in which States are evaluated based on their achievement on the given indicator.
**Indicators in green (above) are “compliance indicators” in which States are evaluated based on the extent to which they are compliant with IDEA in the given indicator area.
- Families of Students with Disabilities - Informed & Active, Updated August 2016 (PDF)
- Familias de Estudiantes con Discapacidades - Informados y Activos, May 2014 (PDF)
If you would like a hard copy of the SPP/APR, please contact:
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.