Percent of children referred by Part C prior to age 3, who are found eligible for Part B, and who have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
(20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
- # of children who have been served in Part C and referred to Part B for Part B eligibility determination.
- # of those referred determined to be NOT eligible and whose eligibility was determined prior to their third birthdays.
- # of those found eligible who have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
- # of children for whom parent refusal to provide consent caused delays in evaluation or initial services or to whom exceptions under 34 CFR §300.301(d) applied.
- # of children determined to be eligible for early intervention services under Part C less than 90 days before their third birthdays.
- # of children whose parents chose to continue early intervention services beyond the child’s third birthday through a State’s policy under 34 CFR §303.211 or a similar State option.
Percent = [(c) divided by (a - b - d - e - f)] times 100.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
|School Year||% of children who transition from Part C to B of IDEA by 3rd birthdays|
- Early Childhood Transition Modules
- Key Differences Between Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education (PDF)
For more information, contact:
Email Miki Imura
Phone: (303) 866-6976
Email Alyssa Ohleyer
Phone: (303) 866-6308
Email Orla Bolger
Phone: (303) 866-6896