Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State and Out of State
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information about educator preparation programs and licensure.
- Need Help? We want to help you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
Office Closure on July 1, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m for an all staff meeting and training. The phones will not be available at this time. Please call us before 9:00 a.m. or after 11:00 a.m. or send us an email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Hard Copy Licenses will no longer be available from CDE beginning July 1, 2015. Due to low demand and increased printing costs, this option has been eliminated. Please review the Credential Delivery page to learn more about eCredentials.
- Minority Recruitment and Retention Report: Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.
- Licensing Statute, Rule & Content Assessment Alignment: The office is engaging in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices. Get involved.