Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State, Out of State and Out of Country
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Searchable Database of Educator Preparation Entities
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Application Processing Delay
A system-wide upgrade of the Colorado Department of Education educator licensing online application system and a merger of all educator licensing data were completed in November. While this upgrade and merger were imperative for strong functionality of the system, this process has had more than a few bumps in the road.
As a result, we have experienced unanticipated events and delays that have caused an interruption in our ability to receive, access and evaluate applications for licensure, and educators are experiencing a delay of up to two weeks beyond our normal four- to six-week application processing time. Those applicants from whom we require additional information may see even slightly longer delays. For all of this, we apologize.
Please know that we very much value your service as an educator and recognize your frustration and the urgency of the situation.
Thank you for your patience as we work fervently to correct outstanding issues with our system and do everything in our power to correct these issues and decrease the amount of time it is taking us to issue licenses.
Look here for the latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
- New Rules of Regulation: Effective March 30, 2016, newly aligned Rules of Regulation for Educator Preparation and Licensing have been adopted, affecting certain licensing endorsements in Colorado. Please view our Endorsement fact sheet (PDF) for a brief summary of the major changes and schedule for implementation. As a result, effective March 30, 2016, the Rules of Regulation for the Ages 5-21 Special Education Generalist endorsement have been updated. View the Special Education Generalist Rules Revision Memo (PDF) to learn more..
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment
The Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- Colorado Educator Licensing Application Fees Increase – March 1, 2016
In November 2015, the Colorado State Board of Education approved a moderate increase in the fees associated with the evaluation of applications for educator licensure. This increase is necessary in order to sustain the rising costs associated with the day-to-day operation of the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensure.