Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State, Out of State and Out of Country
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
Due to recent system maintenance and upgrades, we have experienced unanticipated delays (upwards of a couple weeks) in our ability to receive, access and evaluate applications for licensure. Please know that we share your frustration and recognize the urgency associated with these delays. Thank you for your patience as we work fervently to process applications in as timely a manner as possible.
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment The Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- Draft rules are available for public comment as a part of the state board of education's rulemaking process. Submit feedback by Oct. 12, to email@example.com.
- A public rulemaking hearing is scheduled for the November state board meeting on Nov. 12, at 11 a.m. in the State Board Room at 201 E. Colfax Ave., in Denver. CDE encourages stakeholders to share feedback (limited to three minutes or less) on the rules at the meeting.