General Requirements for All Licenses & Authorizations
Information for Out-of-State Applicants
Already Submitted an Application?
What license or authorization do you currently hold?
- Log in to eLicensing to find out what certifications you hold.
- Request a Reprint (Duplicate) of Your Colorado License or Authorization
Other Frequently Visited Pages
The latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
- In July 2018, the State Board of Education approved new rules to ensure educators in Colorado are prepared to meet the needs of English learners in our schools. Effective Sept. 1, 2018, educators endorsed in elementary, English, math, science and/or social studies seeking to renew their professional license must complete or demonstrate completion of professional development activities equivalent to 45 clock/contact hours or three semester hours in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) education that meets or exceeds the standards outlined in section 5.12-5.15 of 1 CCR 301-37. This requirement must only be completed once during the term of the educator's career. To find out more about these requirements, if and how they apply to you and what you'll need to do by when, visit the English Learner PD Requirements Information for Educators page.
- The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) presents the Model Code of Ethics (MCEE), a common language of ethics developed by educators for educators. The MCEE is the first common language of ethics that can support and guide decisions regarding professional practice. Educators and administrators are encouraged to include the following listed resources in a future training or Professional Learning Community (PLC). For questions or comments contact NASDTEC at email@example.com.
- Learn more about the Teacher Oath Requirement (per Senate Bill 17-296)
- Local Education Agency Parental Notification information has been posted and is available to districts and charter schools regarding this new 2018 legislative requirement.