Welcome to Professional Services and Educator Licensing
The Professional Services and Educator Licensing Office is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State and Out of State
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information about licensure and educator preparation programs.
- Need Help?: We want to help you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
Exciting Teacher Exchange Opportunities were announced this week by the Colorado International Teachers’ Exchange League. Applications to exchange teach in Canada for the 2016-17 school year and to exchange teach in Australia for the 2017 Calendar year will be available by the end of June. These full-year direct exchanges involve trading jobs and housing for a full year with a teacher from another country. Find more information and applications at www.coloradoteacherexchange.us. The program is facilitated by CEA and the Colorado International Teachers' Exchange League (CITEL).
- 2015-16 PLACE Administration Dates Posted: The 2015-16 PLACE adminstration dates have been posted. Please select the Resources in the left menu and then select Content Test Information to learn more.
- Minority Recruitment and Retention Report: Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.
- Licensing Statute, Rule & Content Assessment Alignment: The office is engaging in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices. Get involved.