You are here
SLD Language and Literacy
SLD Literacy Professional Learning
David Kilpatrick, Ph.D. Online Book Studies
SLD Language and Literacy Resources
Literacy Instruction and Intervention Resources
- Selecting Scientifically and Evidence-Based Interventions
- Rubric for Evaluating Reading/Language Arts Instructional Materials for Kindergarten to Grade 5
- CDE Advisory List of Instructional Programming
- Literacy Sample Lessons to Support Intensive Intervention
- Resources for Learners who are Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse (SLD)
Past CDE Trainings
- CDE SLD Dyslexia Guidance
- CDE Dyslexia Handbook (PDF)
- CDE Dyslexia webpage
- Dyslexia Fact Sheet
- The Dyslexia Foundation
- International Dyslexia Association - Rocky Mountain Branch (IDA-RMB)
- OSEARS Letter to Colleagues 10/23/15 Regarding the use of the terms Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia
- Parenting Children with Dyslexia: Where Are You on the Journey?
Reading to Ensure Academic Development Act (Colorado READ Act)
The Colorado Reading To Ensure Academic Development Act (Colorado READ Act) was passed by the Colorado Legislature during the 2012 legislative session. The READ Act focuses on K-3 literacy, assessment, and individual plans for students reading below grade level and those identified as having a significant reading deficiency, delineating requirements for parent communication, and providing funding to support intervention. The Colorado READ Act also includes a competitive Early Literacy Grant and a resource bank of assessments, instructional programming, and professional development.
- READ ACT and CDE Office of Literacy
- Approved Comprehensive Core Programs
- Approved English Language Development Programs
- Approved Interventions Programs
- Approved Professional Development
- Approved Supplemental Programs
- Approved Tutoring Programs
For more information, please contact:
Email Veronica Fiedler
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.