You are here
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
ASD Office Hours
If you have questions, Brooke Carson will be available via ZOOM on the following Fridays, from 9:30-11:00.
June 12th, 19th, and 26th
July 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st
August 7th and 14th
Please note, during the office hours we will not be able to give legal advice OR be able to discuss student-specific issues (e.g. IEP minutes, service delivery).
Definition: A child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a child with a developmental disability significantly affecting verbal and non-verbal social communication and social interaction, generally evidenced by the age of three. Other characteristics often associated with ASD are engagement in repetitive activities and stereotyped movements, resistance to environmental changes or changes in daily routines, and unusual responses to sensory experiences.
ASD & COVID Resources
Our team has collected resources and tools specific to ASD that may be useful during this time as you plan for students.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Course Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in taking the RBT Course but have a few questions before your commit. Autism Specialist Kelsey Young put together some of the frequently asked questions she receives.
New Training Opportunity: Online Para-Educator Training
Due to the high demand of the RBT course, the Kansas Technical Assistance Network created a training geared toward para-educators who want further training on behavior and instructional strategies, but are NOT seeking the RBT credential.
The Autism Education Network provides education, training and field support for educational teams supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our consultants provide individualized support based on the needs of educational teams.
CDE provides face-to-face and online Education and Training in the area of autism. You can participate in webinars presented by the Tri-State Autism Collaborative or you can access them on demand. Face to face trainings, projects and coaching are provide in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Technical Assistance Document for ASD
- Guidelines for Educational Evaluation
- Determination of Eligiblity
- Autism Program Quality Indicators
- Local and national ASD organizations
Join the Colorado Autism Spectrum Disorder Listserv
To subscribe to the Autism Spectrum Disorder listserv:
- Open a new email.
- In the “To” field, type the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the message.
- You will receive a confirmation email. You will not be added until you respond to this email.
- If you have a problem, try using “plain” text or check with the technology people in your district.
To unsubscribe from the Autism Spectrum Disorder listserv:
- Open a new email.
- In the “To” field, type the email address email@example.com and send the message.
- In the body of the message write, “Unsubscribe AutismSpectrumDisorderListserv”
- You will automatically be unsubscribed.
Brooke Carson, Ph.D.
Email Brooke Carson
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.