Looking for information about the new state tests? For information about a school or school district? For achievement results or homework help? The resources listed here are selected to assist parents and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
- Colorado Academic Standards
Created by Coloradans for Colorado students, the Colorado Academic Standards provide a grade-by-grade road map to help ensure students are successful in college, careers and life.
- Academic Standards Brochure:
- Academic Standards Guides for Grades K-5
- Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS)
This spring students in Colorado will take the new CMAS tests in Math and English Language Arts for the first time. The CMAS tests are aligned with the Colorado Academic Standards and designed to measure students’ progress toward mastery of the skills they will need to be successful in college and career.
- New video series explains how Colorado is ensuring that all students succeed
Four animated videos were recently released that explain the new standards, state tests, educator evaluations and the overall education system. Each video also includes a corresponding handout. Make sure to watch and share these videos!
- Data Privacy and Security
The Family Educational Rights Privacy Act establishes baseline parameters for what is permissible when sharing student information. CDE uses additional guidelines and strict processes to protect the privacy of every student.
Preparing for Success
Early Learning and School Readiness
- Family Information and Resources
- Fast Facts
- Mental Health and Special Needs
- Special Education home page
Language, Culture and Equity
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Engagement
- Graduation Guidelines
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
- Postsecondary Readiness home page
Finding a School
Family and School Partnering
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- State Personnel Development Grant – Family, School, and Community Partnering
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education and Family Literacy
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Charter Schools
- Educator Licensing
- Federal Programs
- GED Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
- Home Schooling
- Online Learning
- Relevant Information to Strengthen Education (RISE)
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.