Looking for information about the new state tests? For information about a school or school district? For achievement results or homework help? The resources listed here are selected to assist parents and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
- Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS): What to expect for the 2015-16 school year
Get an update on what state tests your student will be taking this year.
English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
Frequently asked questions about CMASEnglish | Spanish (PDF)
- Graduation Guidelines
Life beyond high school is different from what it used to be. The Colorado State Board of Education recently adopted a revised graduation guidelines menu, creating more choices for school districts to use in setting local requirements for high school graduation.
Menu of Options Fact Sheet (PDF) | Timeline Fact Sheet (PDF) | Toolkit (PDF)
- Colorado Academic Standards
Created by Coloradans for Colorado students, the Colorado Academic Standards provide a grade-by-grade road map to help ensure students are successful in college, careers and life.
Full-Page Print Version | 2-Fold Brochure Version | Guides for Kindergarten - High School
- Video series explains how Colorado is ensuring that all students succeed
Four animated videos were recently released that explain the new standards, state tests, educator evaluations and the overall education system. Each video also includes a corresponding handout. Make sure to watch and share these videos!
- Data Privacy and Security
The Family Educational Rights Privacy Act establishes baseline parameters for what is permissible when sharing student information. CDE uses additional guidelines and strict processes to protect the privacy of every student.
Preparing for Success
Early Learning and School Readiness
- Family Information and Resources
- Mental Health and Special Needs
- Special Education home page
English Language Development
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
- Graduation Requirements
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
- Postsecondary Readiness home page
Finding a School
Family and School Partnering
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- State Personnel Development Grant – Family, School, and Community Partnering
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education Initiatives
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Charter Schools
- Educator Licensing
- Federal Programs
- GED Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
- Home Schooling
- Online Learning
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.