What is PEP?
PEP Is Parents Encouraging Parents!
The Exceptional Student Services Unit at CDE plans conferences throughout the year that are family-centered and designed to offer support, information, and education to parents and professionals. We call these gatherings PEP Conferences!
PEP Conference Information
2018-2019 PEP Conference Dates and Locations
- Fall 2018 - November 1-3, 2018 - Fort Collins, CO
- Winter 2019 - January 24-26, 2019 - Grand Junction, CO
- Spring 2019 - March 7-9, 2019 - Colorado Springs, CO
General PEP Conference Information
Three PEP Conferences are offered throughout the school year - one in the fall, one in winter and one in the spring. The purpose of these conferences is to bring Colorado parents (might include an adoptive parent(s), grandparent(s) or other relative(s), or a single parent) and professionals together to allow them an opportunity to share ideas, discuss concerns, celebrate success, and obtain information relating to parenting, educating and supporting a child with a disability. PEP and its conferences promote partnerships that are essential in supporting and including children with disabilities and their families in schools and the community.
Each two and one-half day PEP conference begins Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. and continues through Saturday afternoon until 3:30 p.m. CDE pays for lodging for registered participants, however, meals are not included. With lodging provided for participants, we hope all interested families will be able to benefit from the PEP experience!
Note: During PEP conferences, no children will be permitted to the sessions or small group rooms. Transportation and childcare are not provided.
Who Should Attend a PEP Conference?
- Are you a Colorado parent or guardian who has a child with a disability?
- Are you a Colorado administrator, principal, teacher, medical or other service provider who is interested in the family-professional partnership?
We encourage and invite you to participate in a PEP Conference.
Read what past PEP Conference participants have said!
- "I was truly inspired with this conference! The amount of information and resources made available to us was so valuable. I could not be more grateful for the opportunity. My daughter will benefit big time!" – Parent
- "It is probably the best educational conference I’ve been to because of the content and participants. I think administrators should be encouraged to attend!" – School Professional
More Information about PEP
Family and School Partnering
Email Joyce Thiessen-Barrett
David Ramer, Program Support Assistant
1560 Broadway, Suite 1100, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-866-6943, Fax: 303-866-6767
Email David Ramer
Help us spread the word! Share this information with neighbors and families at your local schools and in your community!