You are here
COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
CDE's top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled school transportation-related resources below to help provide guidance to schools and districts during this time.
Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
- Consumer Advisory: Warning to Harbor Freight Jack Stand Users - See in Recall Section
- NOW AVAILABLE - The 2020 CDE written tests and testing materials are available.. If you did not receive the testing materials in an email, please contact Susan Miller at the email above.
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) - NEW School Bus Driver On-Line Curriculum
- COVID-19 Transportation Q & A
- Includes guidance on Cleaning/Disinfecting, Annual Inspectors/Annual Inspections, Drug and Alcohol Testing and Licenses and DOT Physicals.
- View News Archive
- ESSA Quick Reference Guide
- Federal Law (FMCSA) Regarding Entry Level Driver Training Delayed Until 2022 (PDF)
- New Federal Regulation (FMCSA) for All CDE Operators of Increase for Random Controlled Substances (PDF)
- New Federal (FMCSA) Regulations for All CDL Operators - Effective January 6, 2020
- 2020 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Transportation Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2019 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020 Qualification Files - Documentation Required (PDF)
- 2020-21 License and Training Matrix (PDF)
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form (PDF)
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (DOC) (MVR Service)
- Clarifications and concerns on Railroad Crossings in the State (DOC)
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)