You are here
COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
CDE's top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled school transportation-related resources below to help provide guidance to schools and districts during this time.
Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
- Save the Date - CDE Entry level Driver Training Program
- DMV Statement of Emergency Justification for CDL Out of State School Bus Endorsement
- NHTSA Recall ID Number 20TO18
The ALT Fuels Colorado grant application is now open!
Prospective applicants can access the online grant application on our website, and will have until December 31st, 2020 at 5:00 PM (MST) to complete and submit requests for funding. Applicants are welcome to submit their finalized applications at any point during the open period, but no application will be reviewed until after the grant period has closed on December 31st.
- View News Archive
COVID Related Information
- School Transportation Exemptions - July 2020
- FMCSA Notice of Enforcement Discretion Determination: Random Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing
- DRAFT Guidance from CDE about school transportation for 2020-21
- Given the extraordinary circumstances associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, the CDC has recommended that buses provide clearly visible signage to communicate the symptoms students should not have if traveling on a bus. These are recommendations, not requirements. If indeed a school district, charter school, or service provider determines that they wish to provide this signage 1 CCR 301-25, rule 26.08 outlines the requirements that must be met. Additionally, CDE has issued guidance with pre-approval for COVID-related signage as long as it is in the specified locations and meets all other requirements of the rule to this rule. CDE Pre-Approval of COVID 19 School Transportation Signage
- COVID-19 Transportation Q & A
- Includes guidance on Cleaning/Disinfecting, Annual Inspectors/Annual Inspections, Drug and Alcohol Testing, et
- 2020 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Transportation Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020 Qualification Files - Documentation Required (PDF)
- 2020-21 License and Training Matrix (PDF)
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form (PDF)
- 2018 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (PDF)
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (DOC) (MVR Service)
- Clarifications and concerns on Railroad Crossings in the State (DOC)
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Safe Routes to School Guide: Determining School Bus Stops
- Kansas Illegal Passing Survey
- Colorado Department of Transportation Restrictions and Maps
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) - NEW School Bus Driver On-Line Curriculum