You are here
COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
CDE's top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled school transportation-related resources below to help provide guidance to schools and districts during this time.
Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
2021- CDE Written testing materials for Type A, Multifunction, Small Vehicle Route/Activity Operators, AND School Bus, Multifunction, Motor Coach Operators have been emailed to transportation directors of all school districts, charters and service providers. If you did not receive these testing materials, please contact Susan Miller.
- Thomas Training! https://thomasbuiltbuses.com/bus-news-and-events/events/thomas-built-institute/
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) just released the 2020 DERA School Bus Rebate awards, which can be accessed via the following link: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-awards-105-million-clean-473-school-buses-40-states.
- The next round of funding through ALT Fuels Colorado will open May 3rd, 2021 and remain open through July 30th, 2021 Matt Goble Regional Air Quality Council firstname.lastname@example.org ALT Fuels Colorado
- NHTSA Recalls - See School Bus Fleet and Technicians Toolbox
- View News Archive
CDE Training Schedule Summer 2021
COVID Related Information
- COVID-19 Transportation Q & A
- Includes guidance on Cleaning/Disinfecting, Annual Inspectors/Annual Inspections, Drug and Alcohol Testing, et
- CDE Online Small Vehicle Activity Operator Course
- 2021 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2021 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Transportation Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2021 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2021 Qualification Files - Documentation Required (PDF)
- 2021 - 2022 License and Training Matrix (PDF)
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form (PDF)
- 2018 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (PDF)
- Colorado Traction Law Updates
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (DOC) (MVR Service)
- Clarifications and concerns on Railroad Crossings in the State (DOC)
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Safe Routes to School Guide: Determining School Bus Stops
- Kansas Illegal Passing Survey
- Colorado Department of Transportation Restrictions and Maps
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) - NEW School Bus Driver On-Line Curriculum