CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
You are here
Indicator 14 measures state performance on the transition from high school to postsecondary education or employment of students with IEPs. Specifically, the federal measure is defined as:
The percent of youth who are no longer in secondary school, had IEPs in effect at the time they left school, and were:
A. enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving high school;
B. enrolled in higher education or competitively employed within one year of leaving high school;
C. enrolled in higher education or in some other post-secondary education or training program; or competitively employed or in some other employment within one year of leaving high school.1
IDEA 2004 requires the State to reports its performance compared to state targets for indicator 14. Below are two links to view how the State of Colorado performed in 2016 and 2017.
- Performance Report, Colorado 2016 (PPT)
- Performance Report, Colorado 2017 (PPT)
Post-School Outcomes (PSO) (Indicator 14)
- Samples available May 1, 2021
- Interview Window Opens: June 1, 2021
- Interview Window Closes: September 30, 2021
(Interviews complete and information recorded in DMS)
- Colorado's Current (2021) PSO Survey Protocol (PDF)
- Strategies to Increase Student Participation Rates (PDF)
- PSO Information Summary (PDF)
- PSO Interview Postcards (PDF)
- The PSO Interview Postcards will print best on cardstock.
- Definitions of PSO Engagement Categories (PDF)
- PSO Sample Letter (English) (PDF)
- PSO Sample Letter (Spanish) (PDF)
- PSO Student Contact Form (PDF)
- Colorado's PSO Glossary of Terms (PDF)
- NPSO Contacting Hard to Find Youth Strategies (PDF)
- NPSO Branding Post-School Outcomes (PDF)
Results from Past Surveys
Data Visualization Summary
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2019-2020 (PPTX)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Indicator 14 - Post School Outcomes, SY 2015-2016 (PDF)
Annual Reporting of Indicators 13 and 14
Gail Lott, EdD
Senior Consultant/Secondary Transition
Email Gail Lott
Phone: (303) 866-6721
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.