November 7, 2014
Welcome to the website of the Standards and Instructional Support (SIS) office! As part of our continuing efforts to provide Colorado educators with support tools for the implementation of the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), we use this front page to highlight new additions to the website. This month we have several exciting additional supports to announce.
- Additional Instructional Unit Samples. An additional 6 full instructional units based on the Colorado Academic Standards in Mathematics, Music, Comprehensive Health/PE, Social Studies, Science, and Reading, Writing, and Communicating have just been finalized and posted. These teacher-authored units (created by Lake County educators) include learning experiences, teacher and student resources, assessment ideas, and differentiation options. As with all of the units posted here they are intended to provide support (or conversation/creation starting points) for teachers, schools, and districts as they make their own local decisions around the best instructional plans and practices for all students.
New and Improved Standards Fact Sheets. On our Communications page, we have added an updated version of the Introduction to the Colorado Academic Standards fact sheet and a brand new new fact sheet that captures the Instructional Priorities of the Colorado Academic Standards. The Instructional Priorities fact sheet is intended to illustrate how the standards reflect our collective efforts to create the educational experiences we want for all Colorado students. It also provides short statements regarding the specific focus of each of the ten content areas of the Colorado Academic Standards. Both fact sheets offer brief timelines for the creation of the standards and details about their Colorado origins and authorship.
As always, we strive to ensure that visitors find value in their (re)visits to this website; that its content will consistently represent relevant, usable, and timely information/materials. Please let us know how we are doing!
Director of Standards and Instructional Support
- Learn more about the Standards and Assessment Task Force established through House Bill 14-1202.
Most Popular SIS Pages:
- Family and Community Guides to the Colorado Academic Standards
- Standards in grade level booklets
- PLC Bytes
- Curriculum Supports
Colorado Academic Standards and Discipline Support
Expanding Student Learning
When we intentionally integrate...
- Coherent and rigorous academic standards
- Innovative and engaging learning options
- Supported and effective educators
- Aligned and meaningful assessments
- Statewide and district accountability
We can personalize learning and ignite the potential of every student.
For website support through the Office of Standards and Instructional Support, please e-mail Anna Huffman.