CDE will be closed on Monday, May 30 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
State Funded Comprehensive Health Education
State Funded Comprehensive Health Education Grants
Resources in Response to COVID-19
The Office of Health and Wellness has contributed to resources that support educators during these unprecedented times. The following are the most requested areas regarding practices and the COVID-19 guidelines.
About Comprehensive Health Education
The "Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act of 1990" encourages every school district to provide a pre K-12th grade planned, sequential health education program. Parental and community involvement in the program is stressed. Parents and guardians have the right to exempt from any or all of the health education program. Local health advisory councils are encouraged and should be representative of the norms and values of the community.
News and Announcements
New Funding Opportunity Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Program Mini Grant Opportunity
The Colorado Department of Education has collectively created a comprehensive course to support educators teaching health education. The goal of health education is for students to gain knowledge and become proficient in skills that will help them adopt and maintain healthy lives. The module course will equip educators to develop skills around implementing high impact teaching strategies and effective health education practices. Each of the course modules focuses on one important aspect of health education. The modules are set up to be viewed sequentially; however, they are self-contained, meaning there is flexibility to review the modules individually at your leisure. Modules have been created by Colorado health educators with support from the Colorado Education Initiative, and funding from the Colorado Health Foundation.
- Center Consolidated Schools 26-J
- Colorado Springs School District 11
- Lake County School District R-1
- Douglas County School District RE-1
- Las Animas School District RE-1
- East Grand School District RE-2
- South Routt School District RE-3
- Canon City Schools Fremont RE-1
- Thompson School District R2-J
- Harrison School District 2
- Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA) (PDF)
- Policies and Guidelines for Colorado Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Standards and Instruction
- Comprehensive Health Education Fact Sheet
- Drug Prevention Instructional Sample Units
- Marijuana Use Prevention Resource Bank
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Resources
- Mental Health Resource Bank
Community and State Partners
Connections Across CDE