You are here
CDE Student Wellness Grant
About CDE Student Wellness
In 2008, the Colorado General Assembly passed House Bill 1224, expanding the Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act to include funding for local Student Wellness programs. The general assembly acknowledged that for students to reach their full potential, school communities must address comprehensive student wellness issues, including but not limited to addressing students' physical, mental, emotional, and social needs (Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act (§§ 22-25-101 — 22-25-110)).
This grant program supports school districts, board of cooperative services (BOCES), charter schools authorized by a school district or the Charter School Institute, and facility schools to implement the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) approach to:
- Increase coordination of policies, practices, and programs to support the physical, mental, emotional, and social needs of students;
- Expand local student wellness policies (C.R.S. 22-32-136 (5.5))
- Connect school health and wellness efforts to comprehensive health education standards and skills.
FY23-24 Budgets and Workplans
2023 Budgets and Workplans are due September 29, 2023.
FY22-23 EOY Reporting
Annual Fiscal Report (AFR): Due September 30, 2023.
Please attach the following for the AFR:
- Last Approved Budget workbook (submitted at the mid-year in February), with AFR Tabs included.
- General Ledger report from your Accounting system that matches what is reported in the AFR report.
Student Wellness Contact Form
If you need to make an update to your CDE Student Wellness Contacts, please use this form.
2023 CDE Fall Grant Writing Training
Please join us for a grant writing training hosted by CDE and conducted by grant-writing specialist, Annette Sloan! We have 4 locations and dates across the state.
Annette will guide participants in:
- Getting organized for grant applications
- Writing high-quality grant application responses
- Using data effectively for a compelling case
- Crafting SMART goals aligned with grant purpose
- Clear communication of grant activities and timeline
- Creating a well-thought-out budget
Dates and Locations (all trainings are from 9 am - 3:30 pm):
- October 4, 2023 - Alamosa School District - 403 Santa Fe Avenue, Alamosa, CO 81101
- November 14, 2023 - Edwards Early Learning Center - 1121 Miller Ranch Rd. Edwards, CO 81632
- November 16, 2023 - Thompson School District - 800 S Taft Ave, Loveland, CO 80537
- December 14, 2023 - Lewis Palmer School District - 146 Jefferson Street, Monument, CO 80132
Wellness Coordinator Office Hours
Monthly Tuesdays 3:30 - 4:30 & Monthly Thursdays 12:00 - 1:00
Click here for the schedule and Zoom link (PDF)
Colorado Health Schools Collaborative Meetings
2023-2024 dates will be posted soon!
- Cherry Creek 5
- Charter School Institute - New America School
- Charter School Institute - Steamboat Montessori
- Douglas County RE-1 - Renaissance Secondary School
- Eagle County RE 50
- Greeley 6
- Harrison 2
- Harrison 2 - Atlas Preparatory School
- Hayden R-1
- Mountain Valley RE-1
- Salida R-32
- Sheridan 2
- Swink 33
- Trinidad 1
The Hub, powered by the Colorado Education Initiative, connects PK-12 educators with
each other, families, and community partners to increase student success.
Skill guides for the seven key health skills
aligned with the National Health Education Standards.
- School Wellness Committee Toolkit (PDF) - This guide was created as a resource for school wellness committees to convene, plan and implement their action plans.
- Virtual Healthy School - The CDC interactive Virtual Healthy School (VHS) that shows how components of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model can be integrated into your school to meet the needs of the whole child.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Adolescent and School Health
- Colorado Department of Public Safety - School Safety Resource Center
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Colorado Community Partners
- WSCC Success Stories
- Silverton School District - Healthy Transformations through the Silverton Cåfe
- Jefferson County Public Schools - More Movement, More Recess!
- Poudre School District - Creating a Wellness Legacy
Health Education Senior Grants Consultant