Educator Talent News
Welcome to our Educator Talent News page! Stay up to date on all things Educator Talent including news on Preparation, Licensing, Educator Effectiveness, and Development.
Our monthly e-newsletter includes resources and tools for districts/BOCES and ed prep programs to support educator preparation and development efforts.
- We want to help you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
New Rules of Regulation
Effective March 30, 2016, newly aligned Rules of Regulation for Educator Preparation and Licensing have been adopted, affecting certain licensing endorsements in Colorado. Please view our Endorsement fact sheet (PDF) for a brief summary of the major changes and schedule for implementation.
- Special Education Generalist: As a result of the new rules of regulation, effective March 30, 2016, the rules for Ages 5-21 Special Education Generalist endorsement have been updated to include a requirement for both program and content assessment. To ensure the orderly transition to the new regulations, currently licensed educators may add the endorsement through a test-only (either PLACE or Praxis) option until March 30, 2017. Educators exercising this option must pass a Colorado-approved content assessment before February 28, 2017. *** Please note the February 28, 2017 date is an extension from previous communications. View the September 2016 Special Education Generalist Rules Revision Memo (PDF) for further details.
The Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
Update! Please view our Content Assessment Review Project page for an update on the recently adopted Praxis exams!
Change in Call Center Support Hours
In order to increase the ability of our office to support Colorado educators while simultaneously ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all applications, the Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing, and Educator Effectiveness will be altering the customer service call center hours that our office provides.
Effective June 1st 2016, our call center will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. only. The call center will not be active after 12:30 p.m.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Please feel free to send an email to our customer service staff anytime to CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us.
Hard Copy Licenses
- Hard copy licenses will no longer be available from CDE beginning July 1, 2015. Due to low demand and increased printing costs, this option has been eliminated. Please review the Credential Delivery page to learn more about eCredentials.
Minority Recruitment and Retention Report
- Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.
Mailing Transcripts is No Longer Required
- As of 9/1/13, you no longer need to mail or bring in your official transcripts to CDE unless specifically requested to do so.* However, high quality scans of your transcripts do need to be uploaded into your eLicensing application.
- To provide some background, CDE does not file transcripts, scores or any other documentation on your behalf. We use these documents only to evaluate your application but we do not keep them on file. Please keep your transcripts, scores, and other documentation in your own personal files in case of audit or for use in future applications.
- *We want you to have the fastest service possible! If you have been asked to mail documents to us, make sure to mail them to 6000 E Evans Ave, Building #2, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80222.
For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator