You are here
READ Data Collection
The purpose of the READ data collection is to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for the annual legislative report and to determine per-pupil funding for districts by taking the count of students at the end of year who have a significant reading deficiency. Districts submit records of spring assessment data for all K-3rd grade students enrolled at the time of data submission and 4-12th grade students who are included in the READ Cohort.
The 2018-2019 READ data collection opens Monday, April 1, 2019. Districts must have their READ data file and Budget Planning Survey submitted and locked by Friday, June 14, 2019. The deadline for file re-submissions is Monday, July 1, 2019.
File Layout and Definitions
READ Collection Trainings
- General READ Collection Training Webinar Recording ,General READ Collection Training (PPT)
This training will cover data privacy and security, purpose of the READ Collection, 2018-19 timeline, budget planning survey, detailed steps on completing the data file submission and budget planning survey process, coding scenarios, common problems, and a Q/A session.
- Budget Planning and Reporting Survey Training Webinar Recording, Budget Planning and Reporting Training (PPT)
This training will provide information necessary for completing the READ Budget Planning Survey, detailed steps on completing the process, and a Q/A session.
- Use of Per Pupil Intervention Funds *Coming soon to reflect SB 19-199 amendments to READ Act
- READ File Layout Template
- READ Budget Planning Survey Template
- Spring 2019 FAQ's
- Cut Scores Documents for Interim Assessments
Please contact Whitney Hutton or call at 303-866-6421 for questions about the READ Collection or to be added to the list serve.