You are here
READ Plan Documents:
The READ Act states specific processes and elements to be part of READ Plan creation and ongoing student support. These resource documents provide educators with support for the effective implementation of a READ Plan.
- PDF Document designed to support effective READ Plan implementation
- Word documents to include all components of a READ Plan
- Two case studies starting with interim and diagnostic results and then stepping through examples of goals and objectives that could be included in a READ Plan
- Talking points to cover with parents upon implementing a READ Plan
- Co-created by the Office of Literacy and Exceptional Student Services Unit. This document provides information on the implementation of READ plans for students with IEPs.
Colorado's READ Act requires that a READ plan acquired in grades K-3 remains in place until a student has reached grade level reading competency, determined locally through a body of evidence. The Office of Literacy has created guidance documents to aid in considerations for assessment, support, and instruction, as well as links to resources.