The Office of Early Learning and School Readiness (OELSR) works with school districts, community partners, and families to ensure that Colorado’s youngest students are ready for and succeed in school. To do that, CDE identified five key strategies that help make early education successful. OELSR believes in:
- engaging families and communities in early learning,
- connecting early childhood and elementary schools programs,
- accelerating improvement and innovation in early childhood programs,
- building a high performing early childhood workforce, and
- providing quality, voluntary early childhood education for all children.
These five strategies are implemented through OELSR’s seven project areas and partnerships. Through these projects and with our partners, OELSR helps connect the dots between creating a professionalized early childhood workforce to providing tools and resources to programs and districts for high performance to seeking family and community input on early learning. This collaborative approach to early learning guarantees that Colorado children remain the focus of an early and sustained education.