* * CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29 for the Thanksgiving holiday. * *
You are here
Curriculum Overview Samples
Fall 2012, over 500 Colorado educators, representing 61 school districts, participated in curriculum design workshops that resulted in the creation of more than 700 curriculum overview samples based on the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS). Utilizing a Colorado-designed and refined template, the overviews provide organizing structures for addressing the grade level expectations (GLEs), evidence outcomes (EOs) and 21st century skills that build students’ mastery of the standards at each grade level. As voluntary resources for districts, the samples:
- Represent the translation of the CAS into unit overviews for all (10) content areas, grades k-12
- Illuminate possibilities for sequencing grade-level and content-specific standards across courses/years
- Offer one possible foundation for exploring standards-based curriculum and unit development
The Colorado Curriculum Overview Samples were written by and for Colorado educators as a way to understand and translate the state standards into curriculum. Users of the samples should feel free to copy, distribute and transmit the samples and to adapt them to fit their needs. Please honor the work of the Colorado educators that created these samples by providing them attribution. These samples were not intended for commercial purposes.
Teacher-Authored Curriculum Overview Samples
- Resources that provide overviews of Colorado’s District Sample Curriculum Project and the template utilized in the creation of these curriculum overview samples.
- Information on the creation of curriculum overview samples based on the preschool standards of the Colorado Academic Standards.
- Instructional Unit Samples are now available for select overviews.