CDE will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Kindergarten School Readiness Data Collection
The purpose of the Kindergarten School Readiness (KSR) data collection is to provide baseline data for measuring improvement in students' knowledge and skills over time and to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for an annual legislative report.
Data reported to CDE will be from the initial fall assessment window. The initial assessment is to be completed within the first 60 calendar days of the school year as required by HB 15-1323. The collection will be open from mid-October to mid-December each year.
- Collection Open Date: October 6, 2021
- Collection Close Date: December 2, 2021
File Layout and Definitions
- 2021-2022 KSR Collection File Layout and Data Elements (PDF)
- 2021-2022 KSR Collection File Template (XLS)
- 2021-2022 KSR Exception File Template (XLS)
- 2021-2022 Guide for Selecting Assessment Tool Used (PDF)
- Coming Soon
KSR Data Collection Documents
- KSR Data Collection Documents 2021-2022 - This collection of guidance documents and vendor-specific resources is designed to help data respondents complete the KSR data collection.
- North Carolina Kindergarten Entry Assessment – September 30, 2021 from 12-1pm
More information on assessment choices can be found here
- First-Year Data Respondents Webinar for the KSR Collection and Walk Through for GOLD® - 9/5/19
- Data Respondent Webinar on the DRDP-K Assessment - 9/12/19
- Data Respondent Webinar on the North Carolina Kindergarten Entry Assessment - 9/19/19
If you need an accessible version, please email Tara Rhodes or call her at (720) 601- 4125
- IdM/Access Management is the system used by CDE to assign data respondents to various collections. This is also how collection leads generate listservs for the various collections.
- Note: Please make sure email addresses are correctly inputted into this system. District local access managers (LAMs) have access to update role assignments and other information within the IdM/Access Management system. Please click "Access Management" on the bottom left-hand side to access the system.
- CDE Data Pipeline is the system by which data are submitted to CDE. Please click "Data Pipeline" on the left-hand side to access the system.
Click here for KSR FAQs.
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness data collection please contact Tara Rhodes at 720-601-4125
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness initiative please contact Megan Rogers at 720-326-2880