- Kindergarten School Readiness Implementation Meetings:
- Learn more about the additions to the School Readiness Assessment Menu
Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K).
The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
CDE is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness
Implementing School Readiness Assessment
- Learn more about the assessment options for the 2015-2016 school year
- Listen to webinars of the different assessments
Learn more about grant funding to support district purchase of school readiness assessments.
- Upcoming webinar about the application for school readiness assessment fund
for the 2015-2016 school year will be early February.
- Application will be released early February.
School Readiness Assessments and Plans
Updated 2014 School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document
Contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.
Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey document
- Recorded Webinar on Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey
- Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten
- Read about online training recommendations
- Visit the TS GOLD website
DRDP-K- Desired Results Developmental Profile for Kindergarten
- DRDP-K information Sheet
- DRDP-K Parent Information Sheet
- DRDP-K Navigation Map
- Visit the DRDP-K Website
- DRDP-K Webinar