Tentative Summer Training Dates and Webinars Have Been Added!
Check out the dates and details.
Update for Teaching Strategies GOLD Users
In order to proceed with the subscription process (renewal or new subscriptions), school districts must choose how they wish to structure their 2015-2016 program license with Teaching Strategies, LLC. .
- View a detailed explanation of the options.
- Participate in a webinar (optional - view details on page 3).
- Contact Daryl Gagliano with questions.
- Bring preschool and kindergarten leadership together to discuss local considerations.
- Inform CDE of district decision by April 30, 2015 or at the time of GOLD™ subscription renewal.
School Readiness Funds Application (RFP)
Deadline extended. For more information, contact Daryl Gagliano.
- Listen to the Webinar on the Application Process (optional).
- Complete the Online Application (Survey Monkey) for School Year 2015-16 School Readiness Fund Reimbursement.
- Print the Assurances pages 6-8 from the Paper Application, complete, and submit to Mandy Christensen, email@example.com.
Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K).
The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
CDE is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness Assessment
- Kindergarten School Readiness Overview
School Readiness Assessments and Plans
- Updated 2014 School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document
Contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.
- Learn more about School Readiness Plans
- School Readiness Plan Template
Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey document
- Recorded Webinar on Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey
- Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten
- Read about online training recommendations
- Visit the TS GOLD website
DRDP-K- Desired Results Developmental Profile for Kindergarten
- DRDP-K information Sheet
- DRDP-K Parent Information Sheet
- DRDP-K Navigation Map
- Visit the DRDP-K Website
- DRDP-K Webinar