Note To All Users of the Expanded Birth-3rd Grade Platform In Kindergarten:
Please note the recently released communication from Teaching Strategies about the Kindergarten School Readiness Implementation timelines for users of the new Teaching Strategies GOLD Platform Birth- 3rd grade (2.0). While Teaching Strategies works to ensure a successful soft launch of the many features of this observation-based formative assessment and instructional tool for kindergarten classrooms, the Office of Early Learning and School Readiness continues to work on your behalf to support your successful implementation of kindergarten school readiness as outlined in legislation. View the communication provided by Teaching Strategies (7/31/2015.)
8/3/15 Live "Getting Started" Webinar for Users of the Expanded Birth-3rd Grade Platform in Kindergarten:
On Monday, from 2:30pm-4pm (MDT), Teaching Strategies will host a webinar that will walk teachers through everything they need to know to begin using GOLD in their classrooms and get the school year off to a great start. This webinar will be recorded and posted for later viewing. Register for the webinar now.
During the legislative session, HB 15-1323 passed which institutes some minor changes to school readiness and READ Act assessment requirements at the kindergarten level and for students who test at the proficient level in reading. View a full description of all the changes.
Summer Training Dates Have Been Added!
Check out the dates and details.
School Readiness Funds Application (RFP)
Deadline extended. For more information, contact Daryl Gagliano.
- Listen to the Webinar on the Application Process (optional).
- Complete the Online Application (Survey Monkey) for School Year 2015-16 School Readiness Fund Reimbursement.
- Print the Assurances pages 6-8 from the Paper Application, complete, and submit to Mandy Christensen, email@example.com.
Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K).
The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
CDE is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness Assessment
- Kindergarten School Readiness Overview
School Readiness Assessments and Plans
- Updated 2014 School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document
Contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.
- Learn more about School Readiness Plans
- School Readiness Plan Template
Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey document
- Recorded Webinar on Teaching Strategies GOLD Survey
- Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten
- Read about online training recommendations
- See the TS GOLD Alignment to Colorado Academic Standards
- Visit the TS GOLD website
DRDP-K- Desired Results Developmental Profile for Kindergarten
- DRDP-K information Sheet
- DRDP-K Parent Information Sheet
- DRDP-K Navigation Map
- Visit the DRDP-K Website
- DRDP-K Webinar