- Teaching Strategies Trainer of Trainers Budget Trainer of Trainer Webinar
- Application Information for the 2014-2015 School Year
- Dates and Locations for Summer trainings
- RFI for School Readiness Assessment
Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K). The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
The Colorado Department of Education is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness:
Read a fact sheet about the Colorado school readiness initiative (PDF).
Find answers to frequently asked questions (PDF)
Listen to a recorded school readiness information webinar. The webinar contains information from the Spring 2013 school readiness meetings.
- Want to be a Trainer of Teachers for TS GOLD? Click here for the RFP.
Teaching Strategies GOLD:
Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten.
- Read about online training recommendations
Funding for School Readiness Assessment:Learn more about grant funding to support district purchase of school readiness assessments.
Read about Colorado's Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Fund (PDF).
School Readiness Assessments and Plans:
- School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.