You are here
Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation Grant Program
In May 2019, the Colorado State Legislature passed Senate Bill 19-176, the Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation Grant Program Act. The act clarifies the differences between concurrent enrollment, dual enrollment, and other programs that enable a student to earn postsecondary credits while the student is enrolled in high school. Beginning in the 2020-21 school year, each school district, charter school, and public school operated by a board of cooperative services (local education provider) that enrolls students in grades 9 through 12 is required to provide the opportunity for concurrent enrollment. Additionally, the act creates the concurrent enrollment expansion and innovation grant program, a $1.5 million grant program, to provide grants to local education providers to use in starting to offer concurrent enrollment or expanding the availability of concurrent enrollment.
The purpose of the Concurrent Enrollment Expansion and Innovation Grant Program is to provide grants to partnering local education providers and institutions of higher education to expand and innovate concurrent enrollment opportunities to qualified students. The grant awards up to $50,000 per approved applicant to be used through November 2020.
- October 2, 2019: RFP webinar
- October 11, 2019: Letters of Intent due
- November 4, 2019: Applications due
- Week of December 9, 2019: Notifications go out
- RFP Webinar: An application training webinar will be held on October 2, 2019 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. Access this technical webinar at: https://zoom.us/j/174321189. If you have additional questions, please email CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us.
- Letter of Intent: If interested in applying for this funding opportunity, please submit the Letter of Intent by Friday, October 11, 2019 at 3:00pm at www.surveymonkey.com/r/6LM92SW. This allows CDE to plan for the review process and communicate with prospective applicants should a need arise.
- Submit the application and budget by November 4, 2019 at 11:59pm. An electronic copy of the application (in PDF format) and electronic budget (in Excel format) must be submitted to CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us. The electronic version should include all required components of the application as one document. Please attach the electronic budget workbook in Excel format as a separate document. Faxes will not be accepted. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. If you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application within 24 hours of the deadline, please email CompetitiveGrants@cde.state.co.us.
- Applications will be reviewed by CDE staff and peer reviewers to ensure they contain all required components. Notifications will go out the week of December 9, 2019.