You are here
Career Development Incentive Program
The Career Development Incentive Program, or Career Development Success Program Expansion in House Bill 18-1266, provides financial incentives for school districts and charter schools that encourage high school students, grades 9-12, to complete qualified industry credential programs, internships, residencies, construction pre-apprenticeship or construction apprenticeship programs or qualified Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
Participating districts or charter schools could receive up to $1,000 for each completed credential, distributed in tiered order.
New for the 2019-2020 Year
The 2019 Talent Pipeline Report- The Colorado Workforce Development Council is pleased to present the Colorado Talent Pipeline Report in partnership with the Department of Higher Education, the Department of Education, the Department of Labor and Employment, and the Office of Economic Development and International Trade, with support from the Office of State Planning and Budgeting, the State Demography Office at the Department of Local Affairs, and others.
NEW- Career Development Incentive Program List of Approved Programs - The list of approved programs is now over 250 credentials, however, a few credentials have been removed because they no longer fit the selection criteria. The new list in the 2019 Talent Pipeline Report will be effective for the 2020-2021 school year. This means that if you are currently offering a credential that has been removed it will still count for the 2019-2020 school year only. If you are offering a credential that is on the new list but was not on the previous list you are able to count it for the 2019-2020 school year.
NEW! 2019-20 Career Development Incentive Program Participation Process
On an annual basis, data may be submitted by Accountability contacts to CDE (via Syncplicity) using the provided data template.
Prior to submission, a district designated contact should notify CDE of their intent to submit by completing the intent to participate form. Failure to provide this message of intent and/or the posting of the flat file later than October 1, 2020 will exclude the data from consideration.
Key Dates & Actions are as follows:
Notifications of intent to participate must be submitted prior to data file submission via Syncplicity. The ITP form is now available to Accountability & PWR contacts from Wednesday, April 1st and will be available until September 30, 2020.
Request Industry Certification Inclusion
- Request Industry Certification Inclusion Form
- Career Development Incentive Program Selection Criteria and Review Process
Career Development Incentive Program Guidelines and Resources
- NEW! Career Success Pilot Program State Guidelines (PDF)
- NEW! Career Development Incentive Program INTENT TO PARTICIPATE (Survey Gizmo)
- NEW! Career Development Incentive Program Information Webinar (Recording)
- NEW! Career Development Incentive Program Webinar Slides (PowerPoint)
- Career Development Incentive Program Approved Programs List ( Updated Nov 2018)
- NEW- Career Development Incentive Program List of Approve Programs (Updated Dec 2019)
- Career Success Pilot Program Extended Fact Sheet 2017-18
- Career Readiness
- House Bill 18-1266
- The 2019 Talent Pipeline Report
- Video of Promising Practices from Colorado Succeeds