You are here
Career Development Incentive Program
The Career Development Incentive Program, or Career Development Success Program Expansion in House Bill 18-1266, provides financial incentives for school districts and charter schools that encourage high school students, grades 9-12, to complete qualified industry credential programs, internships, residencies, construction pre-apprenticeship or construction apprenticeship programs or qualified Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
Participating districts or charter schools could receive up to $1,000 for each student who successfully completes one of the qualified programs and will be distributed in tiered order.
2018-19 Career Development Incentive Program Participation Process
On an annual basis, data may be submitted by Accountability contacts to CDE (via Syncplicity) using the provided data template.
Prior to submission, a district designated contact should notify CDE of their intent to submit by completing the intent to participate form. Failure to provide this message of intent and/or the posting of the flat file prior to 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 20th will exclude the data from consideration.
Key Dates & Actions are as follows:
- Prior to May 31st notifications of intent to participate must be submitted prior to data file submission via Syncplicity.
- Submission Closes, June 20th by 5 p.m., all intent to participate forms and data files must be submitted for consideration prior to this time.
Request Industry Certification Inclusion
Career Development Incentive Program Guidelines and Resources
- Career Success Pilot Program State Guidelines (PDF)
- Career Development Incentive Program Approved Programs List ( Updated Nov 2018)
- Career Development Incentive Program Fact Sheet 2017-18 (PDF)
- Career Success Pilot Program Extended Fact Sheet 2017-18 (PDF)
- Career Readiness
- House Bill 18-1266
- 2018 Colorado Talent Pipeline Report
- Video of Promising Practices from Colorado Succeeds