You are here
Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
About the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The primary responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board are:
- Establishing guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program.
- Advising and assisting local school education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements.
- Recommending improvements or changes to state policies to better accommodate concurrent enrollment programs.
- Providing recommendations and considerations on waiver provisions necessary for the success of the ASCENT program.
- Preparing and submitting a final report to the state board of education and the Commission on Higher Education, which includes the established administration guidelines and all above recommendations and improvements to advance ASCENT and other concurrent enrollment programs.
Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board Annual Memo
Pursuant to the Concurrent Enrollment Programs Act (section 22-35-107 (7)(a) (b), C.R.S.), the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board is required to prepare a report and submit it to the State Board of Education and the Colorado Commission on Higher Education regarding any guidelines that the board has established for the administration of the ASCENT program; and any recommendations that the board makes concerning the improvement or updating of state policies relating to concurrent enrollment programs.
2018-2019 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
Kimberly Caplan – CDE appointment
Kimberly Caplan is the School Programs Specialist at the Colorado Charter School Institute’s (CSI)
Susan Clough – Governor appointment
Susan Clough is the Vice President for Administration & Finance at Morgan Community College.
Dahl Gehle – DHE appointment
Dahl Gehle is the Scheduling and Enrollment Coordinator at Aims Community College.
Sarah Heath – State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education appointment
Sarah Heath is the State Director/Assistant Provost for Career and Technical Education Colorado Community College System
Rebecca Fernandez Martinez is with the Community College of Denver
Brandon Protas – DHE appointment
Brandon Protas is the Director of College Pathways at Community College of Denver.
Mark Thompson is a Counselor at Pagosa Springs High School.
Tammy Ward is the Director of Concurrent Enrollment Initiatives at the Colorado Community College System
Diana Zakhem is the Director of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness at Englewood Schools.