- 2016-17 Consolidated Application Information
Updated news, application link, and resources
- 2016 Equity & Excellence Conference
This is sponsored by the Exceptional Student Services Unit and the Federal Programs Unit for Special Education Directors and Federal Program Administrators, Superintendents, Principals, and Fiscal Managers.
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Learn more about ESSA and read the ESSA blog.
- Title I Schoolwide Program Toolkit
Resources for Title I schools implementing schoolwide programs.
- ESEA Virtual Academy
A series of webinars for a variety of interests and needs. The 2016-17 Course Schedule will be posted soon!
- Colorado's State Educator Equity Plan
Colorado's plan for ensuring equity in education for poor and minority children.
The Federal Programs Unit administers funds under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as well as a variety of other federal and state competitive grants and awards.
ESEA is the primary federal law affecting K-12 education. The main goal of ESEA is to help all students in the state to reach proficiency in English language arts/reading and mathematics and is built on four pillars:
- Expanded local control and flexibility
- Doing what works based on scientific research
- Accountability for results
- More options for parents
There are five offices within the Federal Programs Unit
- Office of Competitive Grants and Awards (CGA)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Programs
- Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Office of Data, Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Office of Migrant Education