You are here
Consolidated Federal Programs Application
2020-2021 Consolidated Application
2020-21 Consolidated Application Technical Issues
Thank you for your patience as we work on providing you with a fully functioning application. To report additional technical issues, please submit a help ticket and one of our team members will follow up with you once the issue has been resolved. LEA’s can find the status of technical issues identified below. All pending issues are being addressed by our programmer and the Federal Programs office will provide updates as soon as they are available.
PENDING TECHNICAL ISSUES:
- Assurances Page-Error message displayed for not selecting program participation after school is removed.
- This will not prevent the application from being submitted. No further action is needed by the applicant.
- Title I-Targeted Support and Improvement Page- Page displaying in LEA applications that only have schools identified for Comprehensive Support and Improvement but do not have schools identified for Targeted Support and Improvement. Will not prevent from LEA from submitting without information added to TS Improvement Page.
- This will not prevent the application from being submitted. Districts that are required to complete this page will have the opportunity to do so once the system us updated.
- Narrative Pages-Full location details not displaying.
- This will not prevent the submission of the application. No further action is needed. by the applicant.
- Title IV Narrative Page- Responses submitted not displaying until page is refreshed or applicant logs out of application.
- The applicant will need to refresh the page or log out and log back into the application to see the narrative. Narratives are not due to CDE until August 31, 2020. Once the system is fixed, the applicant will have an opportunity to update this information during the review process.
- Summary Page- Error page displays when applicant navigates to Summary page through the Menu or using the Next button-RESOLVED
- Contacts/Summary Page-Unknown error on Contacts page reflected on Consolidated Application Summary-RESOLVED
- Assurances Page-Error message when attempting to edit GEPA Statement- RESOLVED
- Submission Page-Wrong date displayed after application submitted-RESOLVED
- Budget Summary-Red text for over budgeted non-public school carryover amounts budgeted. Amount matches carryover amount entered in budget and preventing submission-RESOLVED
Application: Substantial Approval Requirements
The Office of ESEA Programs has revised the 2020-2021 submission requirements for Substantial Approval. LEAs will be required to submit the following sections and documents by June 30, 2020 in order to receive Substantial Approval.
If the LEA is unable to submit all of the requirements for substantial approval by June 30, 2020, the LEA must submit a completed extension request. If an extension is granted, applicants will have until July 30, 2020 to submit all requirements.
- Funds Allocation
- LEA Profile
- School Profile
- Title I – Title V Funds pages (as applicable)
- Set-Aside Summary
- Budget Locations Totals
- Assurances Page
- Non-public schools' section
- Neglected and or Delinquent facility (if will be served)
- Assurance check boxes
- Title I – Title V Fund Pages (as applicable)
- Approval and Transmittal Signature Page
- BOCES Sign Over Signature Pages
- School Improvement Retention of Funds Signature Page
Application: Final Approval Requirements
In order to receive Final Approval for 2020-2021 ESEA Funds, LEA’s must submit the following additional sections of the application and documents by August 31, 2020:
- GEPA Statement
- Cross Program Narratives
- Title I, TS, Neglected, ID, II, III, IV Narratives
- Native American Education Tribal Consultation (Yearly Affirmation) Form – if applicable
- Non-public Schools Consultation Form(s)
On December 10, 2015, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), was signed into law. The passage of ESSA provides a much anticipated opportunity to improve achievement outcomes for all students by providing effective programs supported with Titles I, II, III, and IV funding. The new law broadens the allowable uses of title funds and our goal is to help ensure that you understand all of the opportunities this funding affords your LEA.
Under the ESSA, state educational agencies (SEAs) are required to collect local education agency (LEA) plans that address the requirements of the law, as well as descriptions of the activities the LEA will implement with its Title I, II, III, and IV allocations. To meet this requirement, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) has developed, with stakeholder input, a new consolidated application, which includes a set of five cross-program questions, organized around five core elements:
- A comprehensive needs assessment;
- Meaningful, ongoing consultation with parents, teachers and other community members;
- The identification of students in need of additional support;
- Delivery and progress monitoring of evidenced-based student supports; and
- Evaluation of programs and activities funded by the ESSA.
- Based on school and district timelines, conduct a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) to identify the needs of students and staff in Title I, Part A schools and the district that may be served with Title I, Part A funds
- Continually identify and progress monitor student needs and align supports and services in Title I, Part A Targeted Assistance programs and Title I, Part A Schoolwide programs, as appropriate
- Ongoing evaluation and consultation should be conducted throughout the year to ensure effective supports and services to staff and students
- Conduct required parent engagement activities pursuant to Titles I, Part A
- Submit ESEA Consolidated Application revisions based on ongoing progress monitoring through the Online Platform
- Consult with all new schools (including charter schools) regarding the ESEA funds the school may be eligible to receive in the following school year. Eligible charter schools must be served with Title I, Part A during the first year of operation and in subsequent years in which the school's enrollment expands significantly
- Attend CDE Regional and Virtual Network Meetings See more
- Submit Request for Funds to Grants Fiscal (once final approval of Consolidated Application is granted)
For Additional Information Contact:
Office of ESEA
Send an email