The ESEA Office is a sub-office that lives under the Federal Programs Unit. The work of this office is to define program and systems quality and to establish standards, indicators, and protocols with which to assess local programs and systems. The goal is to help build the capacity of the field to implement higher quality programs and systems. Our office seeks to ensure that program applications, review protocols and approval criteria reflect high quality program standards and maximizes efficiency and impact.
The purpose of our work is ensure that the ESEA programs in Colorado provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education and close educational achievement gaps.
Tools & Resources
- ESEA Technical Assistance Request
- Regional Networking Meetings
- Year at a Glance
- Overview of ESEA Programs - administered by the Federal Programs Unit
- ESSA Information - In December of 2015, President Obama signed into law the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The title of the reauthorized legislation, which replaces the No Child Left Behind Act, is the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program - Teacher student loan cancellation and forgiveness program information based on the Low Income Directory (TCLI)
- ESEA Program Toolkit - Quick Reference Guides are intended to provide an overview of each of the major programs overseen by the ESEA Office at CDE
- Virtual Academy Webinar Series - New Directors, Best Practices, Accountability, and Data Reporting Series allow local staff to self-select topics based on their individual interests and needs
- ESEA Complaint Process | Proceso de Quejas del ESEA
Title I Program Specalist