You are here
Periodic Collections - ACCESS for ELLs - SBD
Student Biographical Data Review
The purpose of the ACCESS for ELLs Student Biographical Data (SBD) review process is to allow districts the opportunity to verify the accuracy of the demographic data submitted for each student who participates in the WIDA ACCESS language proficiency assessment. The SBD review process takes place after the vendor has scanned all test booklets and before all assessments are scored and final results made available.
State and federal accountability reporting including school and district performance framework ratings, Title III Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAO), and priority and focus school designations all rely on accurate demographic and test score data.
Districts are not required to participate in the SBD review process; however requests for performance framework reconsideration or AMAO appeals will only be considered for districts that participate.
The ACCESS for ELLs SBD review process window for 2020-2021 is tentatively scheduled for 4/12/2021 – 4/21/2021.
All data must be submitted by 5:00 PM (Mountain Time) on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
File Layout and Definitions
- 2021 ACCESS for ELLs SBD File Layout - Updated for COVID (PDF) (updated 4/27/2021)
- 2021 ACCESS for SBD Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 3/18/2021)
- Step-by-Step Manual for SBD Review Process (PDF) (posted 4/1/2021)
- 2021 Assessment Unit SBD Review Training-All Collections (PPTX) (posted 4/1/2021)
- 2021 WIDA ACCESS for ELLs SBD Training (PPTX) (posted 3/18/2021)
- WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Failsafe Template (XLSX) (posted 3/18/2021)
Contact: email@example.com or 720.696.0185