You are here
The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate with parents about state assessments. These materials can be shared in newsletters or during parent information events or parent-teacher conferences. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs. More materials will be added as they are updated.
While there is still uncertainty and ambiguity surrounding how the COVID-19 pandemic will impact this year’s instructional settings, a typical state assessment administration season is scheduled to resume in spring 2021 as required by state and federal law. As with most aspects of education, state assessments may need to be adjusted in response to COVID-19 conditions. We will continue to monitor state and federal assessment requirements and expectations as the school year progresses across Colorado and as COVID-19 responses evolve this year. Currently scheduled administration windows are included below:
ACCESS for ELLs
- Jan. 11 - March 12, 2021
CMAS/CoAlt: ELA/CSLA/Math/Science/Social Studies
- April 12 - May 14, 2021
- Primary Test Date: April 13, 2021
- Make-up Test Date: April 27, 2021
- Additional Make-Up Administration: May 18, 2021
CO PSAT for grades 9 and 10
- Primary Test Date: April 13, 14, 15 or 16, 2021 (district choice)
- Make-up Test Date: April 27, 28, 29 or 30, 2021 (district choice)
HS CoAlt ELA/Math (DLM) for grades 9-11
ACCESS for ELLs
Communications Toolkit - ACCESS for ELLs Testing
Key messages, a fact sheet and a sample letter to parents/guardians are available for district and school leaders to use as they communicate about ACCESS for English Language Learners testing during COVID-19. These materials are available in both English and Spanish. View them here.
CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Colorado's statewide assessment system. - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Understanding Colorado's Academic Growth System (PDF)
Family-friendly guide to understanding Colorado's Academic Growth system.
- Purpose and Value of State Assessments (PDF)
CMAS and PSAT/SAT are the only common measuring tools for Colorado students.
- Data Privacy and Assessment Results (PDF)
PSAT and SAT
About PSAT and SAT
- PSAT/SAT Fact Sheet (PDF)
PSAT/SAT are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards and provide other benefits, including free, high-quality practice tools and scholarship opportunities.
- PSAT & SAT Overview and Testing Dates
- State and federal assessment requirements (PDF)
Access this quick reference on the federal and state required assessments.
- CMAS What to Expect Fact Sheet (PDF)
- CMAS At a Glance Fact Sheet (PDF)