You are here
Fingerprinting for Field Experience (Student Teachers) - Approved Vendor Selection
If you are currently enrolled in a Colorado traditional preparation program* and will be completing field experience or student teaching you may submit fingerprints for the purpose of obtaining a fingerprint-based criminal history check, pursuant to 22-2-119.3 C.R.S. Your educator preparation program and/or the school district/BOCES that will be placing you will review your background information.
CDE does not conduct a background check investigation and is only a pass-through of criminal history information to your educator preparation program and/or the school district/BOCES placing you. CDE will only conduct a background check when you qualify for licensure and submit a qualifying application and fee.
* Colorado alternative preparation program students and candidates completing programs outside Colorado cannot submit fingerprints under this statute. You will need to submit fingerprints under the Educator Licensing Act (CDE licensure icon above) once you qualify for licensure.
Step 1: Before You Select a Fingerprint Vendor
Step 2: Have you registered an account in eLicensing?
You now are ready to schedule an appointment with one of the fingerprint vendors below:
Colorado Locations: Yes
Nationwide Locations: Yes
Mobile Fingerprinting: Yes, for groups of 30 or more people. Contact the vendor for details.
Service Code/Unique ID: 25YQZV - Clicking the link above will automatically initiate the process to schedule your fingerprint appointment at an IdentoGO enrollment center.
Mail-in Card Conversion Service: Yes. Click here and then click on the link titled "Submit a Fingerprint Card by Mail."
Process: Clicking this link will direct you to this vendor's website where all of the information necessary for submitting fingerprints for CDE will be auto-populated for you. During the process of scheduling your appointment, you will be able to locate a location nearest you.
No payment will be collected until you arrive at your service appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment, open the email that you received at the time you booked the appointment and click on the link to check your status and then click the "Cancel Appointment" link.
Colorado Locations: Yes
Nationwide Locations: No (There are no CBI approved locations outside of Colorado)
Mobile Fingerprinting: Unknown, contact vendor.
Service Code/Unique ID: 6188EPPI
Process: Clicking this link will direct you to this vendor's website where you will need to login or create an account with them first, then follow these steps:
- Select “CO Licensure/Employment Cabs” for the reason why you need to get fingerprinted. This should be the first selection from that list.
- Next, select "Field Experience Educators...", for the reason. Note that the code of 6188EPPI should now auto populate the next box on the screen. If it is not, then check your selections again, because if the wrong selection is made here, we will not receive your results and you may need to submit another set under the correct reason and code.
- IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE ASKED TO PROVIDE A SCHOOL DISTRICT, YOU ARE NOT SUBMITTING FOR CDE.
- Payment is due upon completing your online "order" and this vendor does not offer any refunds, so please make your selections carefully. Contact them about rescheduling an appointment.
If you have questions or comments for this vendor, you can reach them at 720.292.2722.
*Please note that Colorado Fingerprinting is not a state agency providing this service and is a private company.
Step 3: Don't forget to complete the online form!
Once you've had your fingerprints taken by one of the vendors above, return here to complete the online form.
Per state statute, no vendors other than those listed above are authorized to take fingerprints for CDE's purposes. Colorado law requires that prints be taken by law enforcement or by a vendor approved by CBI. Using another vendor may be costly and will require you to submit a new set of prints taken by one of the CBI-approved vendors listed above.
Attention School District Personnel: If a student teacher has been printed under this statute (CRS 22-62-103.5), you are required to accept the fingerprint based history from the Colorado Department of Education.
22-62-103.5. Criminal history record checks - definition
For a full list of fingerprint reasons, statutes and vendors click here to visit CBI's website and scroll down the list for details.
For questions, submit a Licensing Support Request form or call 720-739-3304 (7:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday).