You are here
Temporary Educator Eligibility (TEE) Renewal
Preparing to Apply
Am I in the Right Place?
This checklist is for applicants who are seeking to renew a temporary educator eligibility authorization (TEE). This authorization is for applicants actively in the process of fulfilling requirements for special education teacher and director endorsements and special services provider endorsements (except school counselor and speech-language pathology assistant, which are available via the emergency authorization). If you have never held this temporary authorization, please review the other checklists and make the appropriate selection.
You may renew this authorization only if you currently hold or have held a Colorado TEE. Please note: If you have not made progress toward fulfilling requirements, you do not qualify for this authorization at this time.
- You will need electronic copies of all documentation.
( Get Help with Document Scanning )
- Allow ample time to request any third party transcripts or other documentation.
This authorization is for 1 year and may be renewed up to twice with documented evidence of progress toward fulfilling full licensure/endorsement requirements.
- In most cases, additional fingerprinting is not required for renewal applications.
- If you already hold a valid, CDE-issued educational credential and have consistently maintained an active credential (authorization or license) since you submitted your fingerprints, you can skip this step. We reserve the right to evaluate your application for adherence to the fingerprint requirements and will notify you by email should any follow-up be needed.
- If you have submitted fingerprints for CDE credentialing in the past, but allowed all credentials to lapse and have held no active credential for a period exceeding 1 year, you must submit a new set of fingerprints.
- Confirm you have a valid form of government-issued identification.
( View List of Valid IDs )
- Complete section A of the Temporary Educator Eligibility Verification Form, also known as a TEE form.
- Forward the form to your college or university to verify you are making continued satisfactory progress toward the completion of your special education endorsement program during the previous year.
- Also forward the form to the superintendent, chief of human resources officer, appointed head of the administrator unit (such as the director of special education for your district), BOCES, facility, school or state operated program to complete the remaining sections.
- Obtain the completed and signed form so you can include it with your online application. You will need to include a copy of an official transcript with this form to document your progress during the previous year.
- Within the application you must include employment history for at least the past 5 years.
- Include employer/business name, dates of employment, reason for leaving, work addresses, supervisor names, and contact information.
- If applicable, obtain supporting documentation on the following:
- Past criminal history
- Disciplinary actions
- Any issues related to licensure or employment
Register and Apply
Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Just register for the eLicensing system or, if you are already registered, log in. Then, select the Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization application to get started.
For questions, email CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628.