The Advanced Placement Incentives Pilot Program C.R.S. 22-95-105 (PDF), The Advanced Placement Incentives Pilot Program C.R.S. 22-95-105, AP Incentives, began during the 2014-15 academic year. The program is designed to incentivize the implementation and/or expansion of Advanced Placement programs in order to build capacity for increased Advanced Placement participation in rural and small rural school districts across Colorado.
During the 2018 legislative session, the Advanced Placement Incentives Pilot Program (HB18-1193) was extended for 3 years to 2021. Extend Advanced Placement Incentives Pilot Program C.R.S. 22-95-102.
Distribution of Incentives
To date, the AP Incentives Program has awarded $950,000 in incentives to twenty six participating high schools in twenty three school districts across Colorado. These districts and schools represent a diverse cross-section of Colorado’s rural and small rural school districts Rural and Small Rural Designation list and for the 2017-18 school year, the program served 475 students in reaching their Advanced Placement goals.
Funding priority goes to rural and small rural public high schools with a percentage of students who are eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch exceeding the statewide high school average of 42%
Timeline for Funding
- Each school that participates in the pilot program can receive up to $500 per participating student’s completion of an Advanced Placement course and that same student taking the Advanced Placement exam. Please note: the number of available incentives awards may vary depending upon appropriation by the State Legislature.
- Participating school(s) will receive half of the projected amount of incentive awards to be earned annually based upon fall enrollment or course selection for Advanced Placement courses as soon as practicable. Please note: For 2018-19 year of funding these projections shall be made upon submission of the signed Memorandum of Understanding and in subsequent years upon submission of required end of year documentation by July 15th.
- Final payment of incentive awards will be paid by the Department to eligible schools before June 30th of the academic year or when student course and exam results become available;
- Department shall award incentives to rural school(s) based upon 22 95-102, C.R.S.
- Distribution for the pilot program cannot exceed the annual allocated amount available for incentive awards and is subject to available appropriations.
- Advanced Placement Incentives Program MOU 2018-19 (DOC) - Apply Now!
- Advanced Placement Incentives Guidelines (PDF)
- Advanced Placement Incentives District Data 2017
- Colorado Revised Statute 22-95-101 Advanced Placement Incentive Pilot Program
- Fact Sheet 2017-18 (PDF)
- House Bill 18-1193 Extend Advanced Placement Incentives Program
- House Bill 14-1118 Advanced Placement Incentive Pilot Program
- Map of Participating Districts
- Rural and Small Rural Designation List