You are here
Food Service Management Company (FSMC) and Vended Meal Contracts
All food service management companies and meal vendors are required to formally register with the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) School Nutrition Unit to be eligible to enter into contracts for the service of USDA Child Nutrition Programs. Sponsors of Child Nutrition Programs may only solicit proposals from Food Service Management Companies (FSMC) or meal vendors registered with the CDE School Nutrition Unit. This resource provides an overview of FSMC and vended meal contracts, as well as the solicitation templates that are required for each type of contract.
- Food Service Management Company (FSMC) Contract: In a fixed fee or cost-reimbursable contract, the FSMC manages any aspect of the Child Nutrition Program(s), including but not limited to staffing, menu planning, ordering, preparing and serving meals, budgeting, etc. There are some duties that the Sponsor may not delegate to the FSMC, which the Sponsor must still complete.
- Vended Meals Contract: In a fixed fee vended meals contract, the meal vendor provides the meals only (prepackaged, pre-plated) and does not manage any other aspect of the Child Nutrition Programs. However, if the contractor’s employees are responsible for final preparation and/or serving of prepackaged, pre-plated meals, the additional services are included in the fixed fee bid and may not be charged separately.
Colorado Food Service Management Company (FSMC) and Vended Meal Contracts
FSMC/Vendor Registration is now open for school year 2020-21. Completed registration documents are due to CDE School Nutrition by February 1, 2020 to contract with SFAs in the USDA School Nutrition Programs in Colorado for school year 2020-2021. Contact Rebecca Boone or 720-450-4357 for a registration packet.
FSMC/Meal Vendor Annual Contract Renewal
- Existing contracts may be renewed for the 2019-20 school year. Please contact Megan Johnson for the current renewal packet.
- Renewal Packets are due April 30 2019.
- Renewal Webinar for SY19-20
Contracting with a Food Service Management Company or Meal Vendor
- Process for Contracting with an FSMC or Meal Vendor (PDF)
- Procedures for Contracting with a FSMC (PDF)
- USDA - Contracting with Food Service Management Companies - SFA Guidance for School Food Authorities (PDF)
- Contact Megan Johnson for all FSMC and Vended Meal templates.
For more information on FSMCs, contact Megan Johnson or call 303-866-5983.