You are here
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) is a grant opportunity for schools to provide children with fresh fruits and vegetables at no cost during the school day. The goal of the program is to promote the consumption of fruits and vegetables among school-aged children, educate students about the benefits of fruits and vegetables, and expose them to new varieties.
Teaching children healthful eating habits may help promote a healthy school environment, improve student health, and help combat childhood obesity. The FFVP introduces school children to a variety of produce that they otherwise might not have had the opportunity to sample. It also encourages schools to develop partnerships at the state and local level for support in implementing and operating the program.
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Overview Brochure
How to Apply
Elementary schools are selected for the FFVP annually through the online application process. Priority is given to schools with the highest free and reduced enrollment. Interested schools must submit a completed application by the deadlines below.
To determine eligibility, SFAs must use the following resources:
To be eligible you must:
- Be an elementary school
- Begin FFVP operations at the start of the school year
- Participate in the National School Lunch and/or School Breakfast Program.
- Have 50%, or more, students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch. Preference will be given to those schools with the highest eligibility percentage
Use the following resources to assist with the application.
Steps to Apply:
- Download and follow the Application Instructions above
- Market and promote the FFVP to eligible elementary schools
- Gain support and buy-in from teachers, staff and principals and/or superintendents
- Establish an implementation plan that includes service methods and frequency, integration of nutrition education, FFVP marketing and promotion and overall program administration and monitoring
FFVP application is due Friday, June 30th.
How to Claim
Sponsors must follow the counting and claiming procedures under the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program.
Connect With Us