You are here
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), established in the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, improves access to free school meals in eligible high poverty local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools. In School Year 2019-2020, it is estimated that CEP reached over 39,000 students throughout Colorado. It is a federal requirement that all SFAs report data to the Colorado Department of Education School Nutrition Unit to determine CEP eligibility for the following year.
- LEAs report the numbers of identified and enrolled students for each site, as of April 1, to the School Nutrition Unit in the CO Child Nutrition Hub by Wednesday, April 8, 2019.
- The Hub opens for reporting on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. See the Data Reporting Guidance and the CEP Introduction and Data Reporting Video for additional assistance.
- Considering implementing CEP? See the CEP Considerations for Implementation Video to learn more about CEP benefits, requirements, and operations.
- For more information, contact Benjamin Wetherbee, 303-866-6529.
Guidance & Resources
- At-Risk Funding
- Family Economic Data Survey: Forms and Instructions
- Pupil Membership
- CEP Planning and Implementation Guide (USDA)
- Implementation Webinar
- CEP - Daily Edit Check
- CEP - Resource
- CEP - Frequently Asked Questions
- CEP Program Packet
- CEP Request Form
- CEP Sample Letter to Households - Spanish
- SP 30-2019: Reminder: Requirements for Students Transferring from Provision to non-Provision Schools (June 10, 2019)
- SP 20-2017 Community Eligibility Provision: Annual Notification and Publication Requirements (PDF) (March 16, 2017)
- SP 61-2016 Fall 2016 Edition: Community Eligibility Provision: Planning and Implementation Guide (Sept. 30, 2016)
- SP 54-2016 Community Eligibility Provision: Guidance and Updated (Sept. 9, 2016)
- SP 52-2016 Early Implementation of Eligibility Carryover Period for Students Transitioning from Provision Schools: State Agency Extension Option (August 5, 2016)
- SP 30-2016s - Extension of the Deadline for LEAs to Elect the CEP in SY 2016-17 (March 10, 2016)
- SP22-2016s Community Eligibility Provision Planning and Implementation Guidance Memo (Jan. 7, 2016)
- SP 15-2016 Community Eligibility Provision: State Agency Procedures to Ensure Identified Student Percentage (ISP) Accuracy (Nov. 30, 2015)
- Letter from Secretaries Vilsack and Duncan - Community Eligibility Provision (Aug. 5, 2015)
- SP 38-2015 Mid-Year Elections under the Community Eligibility Provision in School Year 2015-2016
- SP 35-2015 Community Eligibility Provision: Revised Department of Education Title I Guidance
- SP 32-2014 Community Eligibility Provision: Annual Notification and Publication Requirements - REVISED
- SP 08-2015 Updated E-Rate Guidance for Schools Electing Community Eligibility
- US Department of Agriculture and US Department of Education Joint CEP Letter