CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
You are here
Seal of Biliteracy For High School Diplomas
A seal of biliteracy is a credential given by a Colorado school or district recognizing students who have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation. A seal of biliteracy encourages students to pursue biliteracy skills that are attractive to future employers and college admissions office. The following is guidance provided by the Senate Bill 17-123 to guide districts through implementing the pathway of the seal of biliteracy for high school diplomas.
- Senate Bill 17-123
- Minimum Requirements: Seal of Biliteracy for High School Diplomas (PDF)
- Approved Criteria for Assessments (PDF) is available to Districts and Schools that do not have Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Exams.
- Approved Criteria for Body of Evidence (PDF) is available to Districts and Schools that do not have Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate or Exams.
- Submission to Post District Criteria Body of Evidence and/or District Assessment for the Seal of Biliteracy for High School Diplomas (PDF)
The Colorado Department of Education is obligated to make available Body of Evidence and District Assessments approved in Colorado available to LEAs upon request.
Districts and Schools Implementing the Seal of Biliteracy for High School Diplomas
Adams County 14
Denver Public Schools
Eagle County School District
Districts Implementing (Year denotes 1st year to graduate a student)
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools (2019)
- Aurora Public Schools (2018)
- Bayfield School District (2019)
- Boulder Valley School District (2018)
- Cherry Creek Schools (2019)
- Cheyenne Mountain School District 12 (2019)
- Colorado Academy - ACIS Accredited Independent School (2020)
- Colorado Early Colleges , all campuses (2019)
- Colorado Virtual Academy (2020)
- Douglas County School District (2019)
- Ellicott School District 22 (2020)
- Estes Park School District (2019)
- Falcon District 49 (2020)
- Greeley Evans School District 6 (2019)
- Jeffco Public Schools (2019)
- Lake County School District (2018)
- Mesa District 51 (2017)
- Moffat School District (2019)
- New America School - Lowry Campus (2019)
- Poudre School District (2018)
- Sargent School District Re-33J (2020)
- School District 27J (2019)
- South Routt School District RE-3 (2020)
- Steamboat Springs School District (2019)
- St. Vrain Valley School District (2019)
- Summit School District (2017)
- Thompson School District (2018)
- Valiant Academy (2020)
- Victory Preparatory Academy High School - Colorado Charter School Institute (2019)
Seal of Biliteracy for High School Diplomas Certificate Templates
For technical assistance, please contact Lulu Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-866-6198.