You are here
Summer Food Service Program - Outreach Tools
The following items are designed to help Summer Food Service Program sponsors and partner organizations communicate and inform families of nearby summer meal sites. All materials may be tailored to meet local needs.
- Sample posts
- Lunch menu template
- Newsletter template
- Robo call (audio file)
- Press release template
- Outreach tracking tool template
School Year 2020-2021 Marketing Materials
These materials were created to help get the word out to families about no-cost meals available for kids this school year. All materials are in English and Spanish.
- No Kid Hungry Marketing Toolkit: includes a variety of ready to use and customizable assets, such as social media images, sample social media posts, flyers, example robocall scripts.
- Colorado Blueprint to End Hunger: marketing materials such as social media posts, posters, bookmarks.
- Hunger Free Colorado Flyers: these flyers are customized for Colorado and include a link to the kids food finder map.
Print-ready and web materials
These materials are ready to download, print and distribute.
Distribute postcards to families and local organizations to raise awareness and inform families of nearby meal sites.(Size 5"x7")
Distribute magnets to families so they know how to find nearby meal sites. (Size: 2"x3")
Customize your webpage by using these web banners. Connect visitors to your summer webpage or to kidsfoodfinder.org.
Display posters at your site and local organizations so families know about the program and how to find nearby meal sites. Local organizations may include: WIC clinics, libraries, shelters, food pantries, churches, doctors’ offices, social service agencies, housing authorities, Goodwill and Salvation Army.
Use these signs to advertise your summer meals site and direct community members to your location.
Download and post these images with the sample social media posts below. (Size: 800x800 px)
Suggested social media posts
- Kids eat FREE all summer long! http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- Kids and teens eat free all summer long! Click to find a Summer Food Service Program site near you or text FOOD to 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- Summer fun is here with free meals for CO kids and teens! Find free #summermeals at a site near you or text FOOD to 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- Have your kids eat free nutritious meals this summer in a safe and fun environment. Find a Summer Food Service Program site near you or text FOOD to 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- ¡Los niños comen gratis todo el verano! http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- ¡Los niños y adolecentes comen gratis todo en verano! Encuentre un sitio cerca o mande un mensaje de texto con la palabra COMIDA a 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- El verano en Colorado es más divertido con comidas gratis para los niños y adolecentes. Encuentre #comidadeverano gratis en un sitio cerca o mande un mensaje de texto con la palabra COMIDA a 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- Lleve a sus niños a comer alimentos nutritivos gratis este verano a un ambiente seguro y divertido. Encuentre un sitio cerca o mande un mensaje de texto con la palabra COMIDA a 877-877. http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ #edcolo
- Range App
Guide youth to the nearest summer meal site by downloading this free app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Lunch menu template (DOC)
Customize this menu to showcase the nutritious meals you’re serving at your summer meal site(s).
- Newsletter template (DOC)
Customize this newsletter and send it to stakeholders and families so they know more about the program and how to find nearby meal sites.
- Robo call (audio file)
Send this audio file of Governor Jared Polis promoting summer meals to families in your community.
Robocall English (MP3) | Robocall Spanish (MP3)
- News release template (DOC)
Customize this press release and send it to local publications and broadcast stations. Newspapers, radio stations and TV stations may consider featuring your program in a local interest story for the community.
- Outreach tracking tool template (XLS)
Use this tool to track your outreach efforts and evaluate the impact on program outcomes.