Video Investigation Guide: FSCP October 2016: Family & School Partnership in Education Month
(this document corresponds to the video at left)
Video Investigation Guide: FSCP
October 2016: Family & School Partnership in Education Month
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP) Implementation Guide: Supporting Every Student's Learning
The Guide is a revision of the 2009 Response to Intervention (RtI) Family & Community Partnering “On the Team and At the Table” Toolkit and incorporates participant feedback from trainings, presentations, and online courses. It focuses specifically on the preschool through high school years, including secondary transition for students with disabilities. The content is sequenced into three steps and includes articles, slides, adaptable tools, video links, resources, and activities – all based on adult learning principles. The central focus is on partnering to improve student academic and behavioral learning. Numerous materials are also available in Spanish. Stakeholders are encouraged to investigate this new resource and to access a learning progression through the Guide.
Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP)
Additional information and sample syllabi may be accessed on the CDE ESSU FSCP webpage.
Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP) Conference
PEP Conferences are family-centered events designed to offer support, information and education to both parents and professionals who work with children with disabilities across Colorado. PEP promotes the partnerships between parents and professionals that are essential in supporting and including children with disabilities in schools and communities.
- Family Engagement Brochure (available in English and Spanish) on SACPIE webpage
- MTSS FSCP guidance article in English (PDF)
- MTSS FSCP guidance article in Spanish (PDF)
- FSCP Resource: CO Education Reform Legislation With Partnership Requirements
- FSCP Resource: Highlighted Principal and Educator Effectiveness Components
- CDE Parent and Family Resources page
- State Advisory Council on Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
- Family Involvement Network of Educators (FINE)/Harvard Family Research Project
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- National Parent Teacher Association
- School Community Network - Just Connect
- Teachers Involving Students in Homework (TIPS) - CDE materials