You are here
Gifted Education Universal Screening and Qualified Personnel Grant
- USQP Part I - Introduction and Training Webinar
- USQP Single District AU application demo
- USQP Multi-District AU application demo
First Submission Window: Friday, April 15, 2022, from 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Submissions received on April 15, are ensured a portion of available funds.
Second Submission Window: Saturday, April 16, 2022, 12:00 a.m. - Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
Submissions received April 16-19 may receive funding if funds remain after April 15.
*NOTE- If requesting funds for paper - pencil administration, submit USQP Paper - Pencil Variance Request (pdf) document no later than March 1, 2022
A complete application contains the following elements in the order below:
Part IA: Applicant Information;
Multi-District Signatures (only required for multidistrict AUs);
Part IB: Program Assurances Form;
Part IIA: Statement of Need;
Part IIB: Administrative Unit Application Request-Universal Screening; and
Part IIC: Administrative Unit Application Request-Qualified Personnel.
Steps for Required Attachments
For Universal Screening
1) The vendor’s quote for all testing materials must be attached. Any other eligible expenses being requested also should be included on the vendor quote.
For Qualified Personnel
1) The application must include a signature on Part IIB-Qualified Personnel from the Administrative Unit’s HR Department/fiscal manager verifying the following information is accurate:
- Name of the individual listed as the qualified GT personnel;
- Position status as either employee or contractor;
- The salary for the qualified GT personnel or salary estimate for vacant positions (entered as 1.0 FTE);
- Number of days for a full-time position (used to verify salary is consistent with other positions of similar level);
- Daily rate based on salary and number of days worked (used to verify salary is consistent with other positions of similar level); and
- A copy of the district salary schedule for the gifted education position. The AU’s salary schedule which indicates a circled or highlighted amount on the schedule for the qualified gifted person (e.g., coordinator, director) and specific placement on the salary schedule for that qualified person (employee or contractor). If salary schedules are not used in an administrative unit, the supervisor of the qualified gifted education position may write a letter regarding salary needs up to .5 FTE. The letter must include the position description, number of days worked specific to gifted education, and the salary.
2) Attach degree or endorsement to application or follow the Instructions for Gifted Education Personnel Working Towards an Endorsement which includes the Educator Plan to Become Qualified for USQP Grant-Gifted Education for a person working towards endorsement.
IMPORTANT: For vacant positions, an estimate of all of the above information must be submitted from the Administrative Unit’s HR Department, along with:
- AU’s job description;
- AU’s job posting; and
- Once the person is hired, please use the Addendum for USQP Qualified Personnel to document personnel hired after submission of grant application along with degree/endorsement/educator plan with the new information and submit it to Diane Barranco at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure grant allocation is complete.
For technical assistance with the USQP Grant Application, contact your Gifted Education Regional Consultant (GERC)