How is Education Data Used?
The use of data helps guide parents, teachers, schools, districts and state leaders as we work together to improve student achievement so all children graduate ready for college and career. While using data effectively to guide improvement in instruction and student achievement, the Colorado Department of Education takes seriously its moral and legal responsibility to protect student privacy and ensure data confidentiality.
Resources for Parents
CDE has created and gathered the following resources to help parents understand what data is collected about students and how that data is used.
About Student Data
- What Student Data is Collected in Colorado?
- How is Education Data Used?
- Who Uses Student Data?
- What is Student Data? created by the Data Quality Campaign
- Requesting Individual Student Data from CDE
- Information about Digital Badges
- CDE's Independent Assessment - Statutory authorities for the collection of Personally Identifiable Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) General Guidance for Parents
- About the Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO) - Information about FERPA Compliance and Enforcement
- A Parent’s Guide to Student Data Privacy, created by ConnectSafely, Future of Privacy Forum and the PTA
If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.