As CDE works to analyze, interpret, and comply with the new Colorado Data Privacy Law (C.R.S. 22-16-101 et. al. formerly HB16-1423), we will be providing resources to assist the other parties who have obligations under the law in fulfilling those requirements. Content will be added as it becomes available.
CDE has presented an implementation timeline to the State Board of Education. This timeline discusses the approximate dates when our requirements from the law will be completed. That timeline is located here.
Third Party Guidance
- Letter to third parties who receive Personally Identifiable Information from CDE
- New Executed Contracts
- LEP Contract Template (Annotated)
- LEP Contract Template (Clean)
- LEP Contract Template Presentation
- PTAC: Protecting Student Privacy While Using Online Educational Services
- CoSN: Security Questions to Ask of An Online Service Provider
Data Collection Guidance
- CDE is currently working on updates to our Data Dictionary. LEPs can link to our current list of data we collect, which is available here: www.cde.state.co.us/dataprivacyandsecurity/dataelementscollected.
CDE Compliance Activities
- Per C.R.S.22-16-105 (2)(a), CDE is required to create a research review process and gain approval from the State Board of Education. The State Board approved the process on September 14, 2016. The process presentation is located here.
If you have questions, contact the Data Privacy Office at email@example.com.