You are here
State and Federal Special Education COVID-19 Guidance
Below is guidance provided by Federal and State agencies, pertaining to the continued provision of Special Education services to Colorado children with disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities. - U.S. Department of Education
- Supporting Children with Disabilities During COVID-19 Outbreak (PDF) - U.S. Department of Education
- Disaster Guidance: Flexibility and Waivers for Grantees and Program Participants Impacted by Federally Declared Disasters (PDF) - U.S. Department of Education
- Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities (PDF) - U.S. Department of Education
- Part B Procedural Safeguards in the COVID-19 Environment Q&A Document (June 30, 2020) (PDF) - U.S. Department of Education
- OSEP Q and A: IDEA Part B Service Provision
- Questions and Answers for K-12 Public Schools in the Current COVID-19 Environment (Office for Civil Rights 2020)
Guidance from the CDE Exceptional Student Services
Topics in the Special Education FAQ:
- Compensatory Services
- Extended School Year (ESY)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meetings
- Prior Written Notices
- Provision of Special Education and Related Services during Suspension of In-Person Learning
- Special Education Evaluations
Guidance from CDE
- Suspension and Extension of Standard Record Reviews for School Year 2019-20 (PDF) - CDE
- Joint Guidance on IDEA Part C and C to B Activities During COVID-19 - Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) and CDE
- Joint Guidance on Hearing & Vision Screening During COVID-19 (PDF) - From Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) and CDE
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.