CDE's Adult Education and Family Literacy Office administers the federally-funded adult education grant program in Colorado, as authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under Title II of the Workforce Investment Act, and the Colorado Adult Education and Literacy Act of 2014.
Follow the links in the menu for more information about:
- Adult basic education services for Colorado adults and their families
- Resources and requirements for AEFLA-funded program management
- Resources and requirements for Adult Workforce Partnerships
Updates and Announcements
- Apply for an Adult Workforce Partnerships Grant for FY16
Letters of Intent are due March 30. Applications are due April 15.
- Serve as a Peer Reviewer-Adult Workforce Partnerships Grant
Apply by April 15, 2015. Review Day is April 27, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at a Denver Metro location TBA.
- AEFLA and EL/Civics FY16 Funding Continuation
Continuation applications are due April 27, 2015.
- WIOA Readiness Self-Assessment Tool for Colorado AEFLA Programs
Developed by CDE/AEFL to help local programs prepare for and navigate the transition to WIOA.
Information about Colorado's GED Testing Program