You are here
2019 PSAT Data and Results
2019-20 Colorado PSAT Test Dates (Grades 9 and 10)Due to extensive school closures throughout Colorado to prevent the spread of COVID-19, CDE is working with The College Board to generate possible solutions for the administration of the PSAT and SAT tests, which offer unique roles in Colorado's system in terms of scholarships and college entrance. Additional information will be shared with superintendents and District Assessment Coordinators as it becomes available.
Why the PSAT?
The PSAT tests the same skills and knowledge as the SAT in a way that makes sense for 9th and 10th-graders. It builds on the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) tests in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies. The PSAT also aligns with Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) and with the SAT that students will take in 11th grade.
The PSAT focuses on the knowledge, skills, and understandings that research has identified as most important for college and career readiness and success. In addition to helping students practice for the SAT, it can identify student’s potential for success in advanced course work. It provides more data than ever before about academic strengths and weaknesses as well as access to millions of dollars in potential scholarships.
Students and Parents
Student Score Reports
Free Student Practice for the SAT through Khan Academy®
The College Board has partnered with online educational provider Khan Academy® to provide free online SAT practice to all students. Creating a College Board and/or Khan Academy account is voluntary and optional for students. The Colorado Department of Education strongly recommends that students and parents review and discuss the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies of these organizations prior to creating an online account.
By creating a free Khan Academy student account, students are able to take eight official full-length SAT practice tests, access thousands of practice questions, video lessons and hints, and receive study and test-taking tips. In addition, students are able to personalize their SAT practice by taking eight diagnostic quizzes, or seeing personalized practice recommendations based on the student’s PSAT results by linking their College Board and Khan Academy accounts.
Additional Resources from the College Board
- Demo: Student Score Report
- Understanding PSAT 9 Scores (PDF)
- Understanding PSAT 10 scores (PDF)
- Professional Development Module: Using Scores and Reporting to Inform Instruction (PPT)
- Sample Score Reports:
- CO PSAT 10 Student Answer Sheet Instructions 2018 (PDF)
- CO PSAT 10 Optional Questionnaire Consent Form 2018 (PDF)
- Colorado Consent Form for Accommodations Requests Submitted via SSD Online (PDF)
- Colorado PSAT-Related Assessments Benefits Flyer (PDF)
- Colorado PSAT-Related Assessments Benefits Flyer- Spanish (PDF)
- Colorado Student Access Scores for the SAT Suite of Assessments Flyer (PDF)
- SAT Suite of Assessments Technical Manual