The office of Family-School Partnerships sits within the Improvement Planning Unit at CDE, and was created in response to Senate Bill 13-193 Increasing Parent Involvement in Public Schools. Responsibilities of the office include:
- Supporting to schools and districts implementing Family and Community Engagement practices
- Incorporating strategies in the Unified Improvement Plan to increase parent engagement in schools, with a specific focus on priority performance and turnaround schools.
- Ensuring that school district board of education adopt district policy for increasing and supporting parent engagement in the public and charter schools of the district
- Communicating and providing support to the identified family partnership point of contact within school districts
- Supporting parent participation on school and district accountability committees (SACs and DACs)
- Staffing the State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
October is Family and School Partnership in Education Month
Promising Partnership Practices—Call for Submissions
The State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE), in collaboration with the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), is collecting promising practices from schools and districts across the state to publish in the first annual Promising Partnership Practices—Colorado book. SACPIE and CDE invite schools, districts, early childhood centers, institutions of higher education, accountability committees, parent-teacher committees, or any other school- or district-based council to submit an application for consideration in the publication. The purpose of this book is for schools, districts, and other educational organizations in Colorado to share how they partner with families and the community for student success. Submissions are due June 1st for consideration. Please explore the link below for more information.
These research briefs were developed by CDE and SACPIE to provide information and implications for practice to school leaders as they establish family and community engagement partnerships focused on student achievement.
This monthly newsletter is sent to family partnership contacts around the state, and includes updates from the director of family parnterhips, promising practices, and research.
For More Information
Contact the Director of Family Partnerships at CDE, Dr. Darcy Hutchins Hutchins_d@cde.state.co.us