Preparing for Non-Routine Events (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Originally aired October, 2014
Peggy Lawrence, Ed.S.
- Develop and understanding of how non-routine events can affect students with autism
- Become familiar with strategies that can effectively help students prepare for non-routine events
- Learn teaching strategies that help students with ASD generalize and maintain learned skills.
- For one of your students, identify the non-routine events that may happen during their day, and how the student responds/reacts to unexpected changes.
- Choose two of the strategies shared in the webinar and describe how each supports the student in being successful when a non-routine event occurs.
- The Title of the Webinar
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Your School District
- Your Role (Teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Your answer(s) to the above study questions
(type each question and add your answer below it)
(Works best in IE and Chrome)
Contact InformationAmanda Timmerman
Once you have completed the requirements of this webinar, you will be sent your certificate (approximately 45 minutes of Professional Development Hours)