Autism and the Very Young Child (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Teri McGill, M.Ed, BCBA & Cara Woundy, M.Ed,
Originally aired March 8, 2017
The learner will be able to describe:
- Some possible early red flags of ASD
- How those early red flags affect communication, social and patterns of behaviors in young child with ASD
- What steps families and caregivers of young children can take if they are concerned their child might be displaying some characteristics of Autism
- What makes identifying a young child with ASD so challenging?
- What is the difference between identifying a child 0-3 and 3-5?
- Provide an example of joint attention seen in a young child.
View the Webinar:
After watching the webinar please answer the questions and complete a SurveyMonkey evaluation.
After completion of the evaluation another screen will open containing your certificate. It is your responsibility to download and print/save the certificate for your records.
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
To receive a certificate for this webinar please complete a brief webinar survey. Upon completion of the survey, participants will receive a certificate for 1 training hour.