Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02 (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Teri McGill, M.S. Ed.D. and Melissa Scheidt, M.S. Ed.D.
Originally aired October 8, 2014
- Be able to identify visual supports that can be utilized with individuals with autism.
- Understand some effective ways to structure the environment.
- Identify useful transition and choice making supports.
- Understand the importance of accommodations.
- Identify accommodations that will be effective for a student/child.
After watching the webinar in the section called View the Webinar (upper left-side), please email Janet Zimmerman your contact information and your response to the 2 study questions receive your certificate and your contact information. Janet Zimmermann's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your District
- Your Role (teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Discuss the benefits presented in the webinar of structuring the environment for students with ASDs.
- Discuss what you regarding the negative effects of para-educator proximity to students with autism.
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
Upon receipt of completed study questions you will receive a certificate for .75 hours