Autism and Early Childhood, Part 2 (4-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Autism and Early Childhood, Part 2 - Preparing for Purposeful Play
Presenters: Lori Chambers, M.S., CCC-SLP
Originally aired April 20, 2016
- Identify levels of play for a student with autism
- Recognize characteristics in adult/child interaction that affect the development of children’s play
- Identify tips for facilitating purposeful play
- What is a characteristic often seen in children with autism that can lead to difficulty with social play?
- How are parallel play and associative play different?
- List one thing you can do to play like a child and join in play successfully.
- Provide one example of a strategy that promotes social play.
View the Webinar
Other Parts of this Training
- Autism and Early Childhood, Part 01
- Autism and Early Childhood, Part 02
- Autism and Early Childhood, Part 03
- Autism and Early Childhood, Part 04
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
After viewing the webinar please complete a brief Google evaluation to receive a certificate for 1 CDE training hour.