ASD and Literacy, Part 1: The Intersection of Cognition and Literacy in Students with ASD (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Christina R. Carnahan, Ed.D. and Pamela S. Williamson, Ed.D.
Originally aired November 12, 2014
- Gain an overview of the cognitive profiles of students with ASD.
- Learn about the relationship of cognitive profile reading.
- Gain knowledge of the three Reading Comprehension Profiles (Text Bound, Strategic, and Imaginative) in ASD.
- Learn about foundations of effective assessments for reading comprehension.
After watching the webinar in the section called View the Webinar (upper left-side), please email Janet Zimmerman your contact information and your response to the 2 study questions receive your certificate and your contact information. Janet Zimmermann's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your District
- Your Role (teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- What are the 3 parts or topic of reading comprehension profiles?
- Name the 3 theories that drive understanding of cognition.
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- ASD and Literacy, Part 1: The Intersection of Cognition and Literacy in Students with ASD
- ASD and Literacy, Part 2: Assessing the Communication and Literacy Needs
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
Upon receipt of completed study questions you will receive a certificate for .75 hours