IEP Facilitator Training
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff, Community Partners, General Public | Topic: Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
If you have attended our One-Day Improving IEP Teams: Skills for Resolving Conflict, and would like to continue your training in order to neutrally facilitate IEP meetings, sign up now!
Continue your training from the One-Day Improving IEP Teams to using the skills you have learned to be an IEP Facilitator.
Prerequisite: You MUST have attended the One-Day training previously in order to attend.
Participants will become proficient at these facilitation skills:
- Facilitation versus Advocacy
- Group Dynamics
- The Business of IEP Facilitation
- Facilitating Open Discussions
- Invaluable Tools of the Trade
- Resolving Impasse
- Facilitator Challenges
- Ending a Facilitated IEP Meeting
- Closing Facilitation
- The Closure Letter
- Understanding Your Role
- Practice, Practice, Practice….
- Self-Assessment and Feedback
Event Date and Time
- Monday, October 21, 2019 (All day) to Tuesday, October 22, 2019 (All day)
1059 Alton Way