You are here
Ninth Grade Success Grant
Colorado’s Ninth Grade Success Grant Program, created in SB19-246, was signed into law in May 2019. This new grant program provides funding to local education providers and charter schools to assist students enrolled in ninth grade to develop the skills they need to successfully persist in graduating from high school.
The Office of Dropout Prevention and Student Re-engagement (DPSR) at the Colorado Department is responsible for managing the Ninth Grade Success Grant Program.
2019-2024 Grantee Program Descriptions (coming soon)
2019-2020 Guidance Document Updated 5/20/2020
EOY Confidential Internal Tracker 2019-20 (coming soon)
Budget Revision Steps
Budget Revision – Ideally, no budget revisions during the first year, but we know things can change. If you are anticipating budget revisions…
- Pull your latest budget from Syncplicity.
- Make any revisions and comments and return to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Notes tab, please make sure to include how the proposed changes are aligned with the approved performance objectives for your program.
- We will review the revision and let you know if we have any questions.
- Once approved, Grants Fiscal will upload the new revised budget to Syncplicity.
- We will let you know that it is uploaded.
- Approximately $725,000 in grant funding is available for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
- The grant term is four years.
- Matching Funds: Local education providers or charter schools that receive a grant must, as a condition of accepting the grant, provide a grant match. Grant matches may include in-kind contributions, (i.e., donations of goods or services, rather than funding). Grant matches cannot include funding from other state or federal grants. Grant matches must be obtained for the following amounts:
- For a local education provider that is a small rural school district or for a charter school, fifteen percent (15%) of the grant amount; and
- For all other local education providers, twenty-five percent (25%) of the grant amount.